• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Multicam

_Shay_

thing 2
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2009
USA
So, new plan, I'm making a ghillie off of some multicam. Why? I don't really know quite yet, I just really want to.

What is the best price you guys have found it at? The best I've found is 70 for a set (top and bottom) from propper.

Next Question- Where can i get multicam cordura for less than 18" a yard? If it is even possible...

Well, thanks

Shay

Re: Multicam

$70 seems about right for a set of bdu's. Keep in mind, you will probably want 50/50 NYCO fabric, and that may run you more. The cheap stuff is polycotton with less color retension and is considerably hotter.

As for the cordura, multicam is just damn expensive. Most companies charge extra to use it. You could prolly order just what you needed for a suit from one of the gear gurus here who likely order in bulk. One cost saving option may be to use a cheaper solid color bdu, like tan, OD or coyote. The back is going to be covered with jute, and the front with the cordura. Mud bath would fix the rest. Maybe not as pretty when new, but likely every bit as effective.

yeah, I thought about that, and I guess I'm torn either way... I just sold my last ghillie, so getting the stuff isn't a problem, I just want to find the best price on stuff.

So how bout this, get some tan bdus, and put multicam cordura on it, would be cheaper, and essentially the same thing, but I'm not sure yet...

Well, can't find tan bdu's for that much less, so looks like I'm going with multicam. oh well...
wink.gif

shay...

best deal you are gonna find on a multicam uniform...

http://shop.vtarmynavy.com/shared/StoreF...et=products.asp

if the link doesnt work right... (their shopping cart/store sucks) search for 'multicam combat set' (boonie, shirt and pants for 76.5$)
i think they still have free shipping going on for orders over 125$

duro textiles is the go to spot for multicam fabric.
gotta get it in 5 yard lengths minimum and they dont always have it in stock.
i'll sell you a yard of 1000 den cordura at cost if you need it... let me know

you can save alot of money if you get a surplus bdu uniform for 20$ or under and cover the front in multicam cordura for skids:
gets the job done with the same basic overall effect...

DSCN0142.jpg

DSCN0141.jpg

DSCN0143.jpg

finished this up today... same style as suit pictured. multicam cordura front on bdu uniform

DSC_0001-3.jpg

Thanks for that link, best price I've seen, says what I want is unavailable though... shoot...

I'm still thinking about tan bdus and multicam cordura... but I dunno... this is going to be the last ghillie I make myself for a while, so I want to make sure it's the exact one I want.

if still trying to save $$$ on the uniform.... get a wore out pair of 6 color desert or 3 color dcu's for dirt cheap and build on that platform. im sure its way cheaper than buying a new tan uniform.

I think I'll go full multicam, might as well do it how I want the first time.

Buy once, cry once = don't buy from Propper. Get some from Crye that will hold up a bit better than Proppers product.

That being said, I would have to agree that it would be more cost effective to buy old uniforms from a surplus store that soldiers turn in cheap since they can't wear them now. Then again, I know how stubborn Shay is....
wink.gif

I'm also not a fan of Proper, the one set i had was not much better on comfort than the BDU's from 25 years ago, but the TRU's from Tru-Spec are what i would suggest for fit, function and durability...but thats just from my personal experience.

I got my top and pants on ebay (from different sellers), genuine Tru-spec 65/35 L/L for $56 TOTAL with free shipping, but I had to hunt for a LONG time.

tru spec definitely seem better quality than propper in the multicam line.
most people dont want to spend that much $ on a uniform just for a ghillie though. and they especially dont want to spend 300$ for a uniform from crye for a ghillie either...

seems like surplus is the over all winner since its going to be butchered and covered up with crap anyway

I had a set of propers, and I liked em, we woodland pattern.

Yeah, I can be stubborn when I get an Idea in my head... I don't want to change it... I don't like change... lol

Well, multicam it is.
grin.gif

Well, after quite a bit of thinking, I'm not going to use any multicam, just tan. Tan bdus and tan cordura. Will save some money as well, use it for my next build...