• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Multiple MPA Competition chassis have feed issues with Magpul and AI magazines

So here's my two cents.

My setup is a Curtis Axiom in a MPA Hybrid, I run 6.5CM factory ammo in the Magpul AI 5/10 rounder mags. Everything out of the box, the mag was sitting to high and the bolt would heavily drag on the magazine (but i could force it), I took the mag catch out and filed about 5-7 thou off it and now it runs super smooth. Ran about 300 rounds through it in matches/practice no issue.

However I noticed if I applied any more then light pressure on the magazine upwards, it goes up enough to jam the bolt. I've been just watching how I place the gun on barricades to avoid this issue. I tired the mag blocks and they didn't seem to really help. Other then that the magpul mags feed really nice, so smooth I can't hardly feel it with the bolt.

I have 5 mpa chassis and had many more that i shoot prs with. everything from stiller, defiance deviant, 700, alpha11 etc in them with never a single feeding issue on any of them. its the number one chassis running in prs without question so not sure where the "everyone is having feeding issues" comes from.

if you have mag slop that you don't like you will need to custom fit the mag latch. another thing you can do that helps is to adjust the magwell side screws so you mag has less radial slop to your liking. it helps the mag sit more proud.
I love this website....so much good information from the knowledgeable people. I was having an issue with my MPA feeding/sloppy mag fit - I never knew there mag adjust screws. Perfect fix!