• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Murphy's Precision pics

slg888

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2009
Knoxville,TN
Just recieved another complete set from Murphy's and wanted to give another '2 thumbs up' for quality work performed. He builds to your specs and I decided to try something different and remove material over the port hole.

Thought I would share since he(Cameron Murphy) is a sponsor on Sniperhide.

2nd pic is previous set with un-cut picatinny rail. Watcha like best...cut or un-cut?

002.jpg
018-1.jpg

Re: Murphy's Precision pics

Nice pics. I like the uncut better but you get innovation points for sure.

I just put one of Muphys pic. bases on my browning A-bolt. Absolutely amazing quality. I even had a small issue with not receiving an order confirmation/ tracking number email. I emailed them and cameron replied extremely promptly and cleared up the issue for me. Top notch operation he's running as far as customer service and quality goes.

I like the "cut", and I know he believes in bedding, but I really wish he could make them w/ lugs. Regardless he does beautiful work!

"Cut", because cut-away and two-piece bases provide much better access to the loading port area. This access isn't as important on a rifle with a DBM, but on a top-loading centerfire it can be of critical importance. As the loading port is usually very small on rimfires the clearance provided by cut-away or two-piece bases is also very welcome.

Unless I need a one-piece rail to accomodate an odd ring spacing I like two piece bases for this reason. I had Cameron Murphy design and machine a <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"Kimber of Oregon Model 82A/B/C 25 MOA Two-Piece Base"</span></span> in stainless steel (also available machined in titanium). As the Kimber 82A, 82B, and 82Cs' all have the same receiver dimensions and mounting hole locations and could all be found with a "Roundtop" receiver, the two-piece base that Cameron designed and machined for my "Roundtop" action will work on all Model 82 Roundtops.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">SS Murphy Precision Two-Piece 25 MOA Base for the Kimber of Oregon Model 82 "Roundtop" Receiver shown with SS screws:</span></span>
MurphyPrecisionKimber82AB25MOATwo-PieceBase28x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Closeup of mounted (Front) Murphy Precision 25 MOA Two-Piece base for Kimber of Oregon Model 82B Roundtop:</span></span>
MurphyPrecisionKimber82AB25MOAFRONTBaseRSRAMounted8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Closeup of mounted (Rear) Murphy Precision 25 MOA Two-Piece base for Kimber of Oregon Model 82B Roundtop:</span></span>
MurphyPrecisionKimber82AB25MOAREARBaseRSRAMounted8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Mounted on Kimber of Oregon Model 82B Roundtop w/ NEAR Rings and PMII 5-25X LP DT 0.1 MIL Gen 2 XR CCW + USO ARD:</span></span>
Kimber82BMurphyPrecisionPMII5-25X38x6.jpg

Kimber82BMurphyPrecisionPMII5-25X18x6.jpg

Kimber82BMurphyPrecisionPMII5-25X28x6.jpg

Kimber82BMurphyPrecisionPMII5-25XRS8x6.jpg

Kimber82BMurphyPrecisionPMII5-25XLS8x6.jpg

Kimber82BMurphyPrecisionPMII5-25XRS45DCloseup8x6.jpg

Kimber82BMurphyPrecisionPMII5-25XLS45DCloseup8x6.jpg

Keith