• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Muscle Brake or Fat Bastard Brake on .338

continentaldrifter

Private
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2004
Colorado
Of the two listed brakes, which in your opinion would have better performance and why. To be mounted on a .338. I am leaning towards the muscle 4 port magnum, due to the two ports closest to action spray at a 90* angle to barrel , while the FB are all ported on a unknown angle rearward. I have no experience with either, other than what information i gather here and on the internet. Positive or negative comments on both are appreciated.

Re: Muscle Brake or Fat Bastard Brake on .338

Cant respond to the Muscle, but the FB works great. Drops a 338 recoil to less that that of a 308.

Your bro's on the line next to you (and 3 spaces down) wont like you tho...

Either one will perform perfectly. Jered is a super guy and Jim @ center shot is great too. Win win two of the best in the biz!

The SAKO brake on my TRG outperforms the APA FB on my partners rifle.

I have 2 muscle brakes and both work very well and Jim is great to deal with. R.R.

Thinking of putting a Fat Bastard on my 375 H&H.

I'm sold on it, but from reading their website it says for Calibars up to 338.

Will it open up to, let say .400 for my 375?????

It will easily work on the 375 H&H. I really just put they there to keep someone from screwing one on a Cheytech. We haven't tested one on a Cheytech so I don't know if it will take it or not. We did however put one on an H&H and it was ridiculous what it did to the recoil.

Jason, thanks for the reply. Do you recommend that YOU, APA, open it up to 0.400 when I order it, or have the smith do it when he (Chad Dixon) installs it?