• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Muscle Memory

GRIM

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2009
Wisconsin
Was shooting my AICS (Rem700) this morning, tested some loads and finished with some drills that cycled the bolt quickly. Feels right at home after closing the bolt to just continue the downward motion with my hand and grab onto that donut hole in the stock. Love the feel of that stock.

Next I shot a different .308 with an A5 on it and the muscle memory just took over. After cycling the the bolt on the first round my hand went for that familar donut hole in the stock. Man - that was a weird feeling as I jammed my thumb into what I thought was going to be that same donut hole but instead was the side of the grip and got cock blocked by the stock.

Re: Muscle Memory

been shooting boltguns for 6 years now, exclusively.
went to shoot an F88 for the first time and my hand went up as if to cycle and realised it was a semi and so i didnt have too.