• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Musgrave brass?

JaysonF

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2012
Fernley, NV
Ok, so my father-in-law traded me 25 boxes (20 per box) of new, pulled brass.308 brass primed with federal 210 primers. They are in great shape and ready to go. They are a little older (based on how the box looks. What I am wondering is, what are they worth? I just want to sell them and buy lapua brass. However whenever I look online, the only info I can find is the musgrave rifle. photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.jpgphoto 4.JPGphoto 5.JPG

Last edited:
the father-in-law used to shoot benchrest, so I am assuming it is good. As for getting information from him, he just says "do some research".
To be honest, I already have lapua, like lapua and want to stay with lapua, so ultimately I will unload these.

Yes it is made by PMP, and of good quality.
But they are a bit vintage, as distirbuted under the Musgrave name, they disappeared in 1996, and the brass is most likely older then that.
I'd guess late 1980's early 90's somewhere.

Might be worth more to a collector then a shooter, if you find one.
But if they are in good shape they will work excellent.
As for price i can't say.

The weight, of 11.7 g is probably correct.
But what is labeled on the boxes 9.7 grams, is the bullet weight in the original ammunition, 9,7 grams=150 grain.

If you ever run across unknown brass take a look here.
Headstamp Codes - International Ammunition Association

Last edited:
Yes it is made by PMP, and of good quality.
But they are a bit vintage, as distirbuted under the Musgrave name, they disappeared in 1996, and the brass is most likely older then that.
I'd guess late 1980's early 90's somewhere.

Might be worth more to a collector then a shooter, if you find one.
But if they are in good shape they will work excellent.
As for price i can't say.

The weight, of 11.7 g is probably correct.
But what is labeled on the boxes 9.7 grams, is the bullet weight in the original ammunition, 9,7 grams=150 grain.

If you ever run across unknown brass take a look here.
Headstamp Codes - International Ammunition Association

Fantastic, thank you for the link and the info. I'll keep that one for the future.