• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Must have mods

Alabusa

Learning
Minuteman
  • Jan 1, 2018
    Muscle Shoals, Alabama
    Just ordered a CZ 457 VPC. Already have the scope, bolt knob, pic rail, rings and ordered a bipod, extended mag release, cheek piece cushion and new grip for the chassis.

Are there any other must have mods?

A DFAT and box these.

7/8” 4-6-8 drywall anchors.

Did they start making those anchors with a thick rim again? The last box I ordered had a really thin rim compared to older "lots'. Others on Amazon have said the same. The older anchors were the best snap caps I have ever used.

Agreed on the DFAT. Invaluable for working on positional shooting and the fundamentals.

Reactions: Appalachian
    Did they start making those anchors with a thick rim again? The last box I ordered had a really thin rim compared to older "lots'. Others on Amazon have said the same. The older anchors were the best snap caps I have ever used.

Agreed on the DFAT. Invaluable for working on positional shooting and the fundamentals.
    I picked up a box at Home Depot and they extract fine. Sometimes deal with FTF though. But yes the snap caps I had were pretty much toast after two dry fire sessions.

B286139B-1128-48A4-8880-2C01DAEF60CC.jpeg

Get a grip that allows you the reach and control you prefer.
    The factory Hogue is quite small in diameter.

Reactions: WeeHooker
    Just ordered a CZ 457 VPC. Already have the scope, bolt knob, pic rail, rings and ordered a bipod, extended mag release, cheek piece cushion and new grip for the chassis.

Are there any other must have mods?
    You left out the most important must-have mod...

• Love
    Reactions: Alabusa
    I'm a big fan of the Luth-AR MBA3 , 3 axis butt pad upgrade. For $50, It adds a much nice nicer ( and larger) butt pad while adding LOP AND making LOP infinitely adjustable between 11 and 15" . I also replaced the buffer tube anti-rattle set screw with a 10-24x 1/2" thumb screw so LOP can be adjusted faster if/when needed. Beyond that, a grip change and a M-loc type Picatinny and/or ARCA rail for the for end ( I used both). Lastly, that tiny bolt knob needs to go!

Attachments

• VPC L side Full.jpg
      VPC L side Full.jpg
      813.1 KB · Views: 28
    • VPC .jpg
      VPC .jpg
      263.9 KB · Views: 34
    Last edited:

These are not quite as good as the older production but this brand (Everbuilt, sold by Home depot and Amazon) still work decently. They still load from a mag and still protect your firing pin> They just don't last for as many hits as they used too. The other common brand, Hillman (which used to be the most robust) have completely changed design to nearly eliminate the rim and are now unusable. All that said, I wish I had laid in 3-4 box's of the old Hillmans years ago. Who ever thought I'd burn through 200-300 snap caps ????

Some 12 round mag extenders if going to do NRL22.
    I'm having fits with the extension I bought. Does NOT want to feed.

Forget what I bought, but it ain't right

I hear there's one that does work, but I forget who again

M

edited to add: it's not the gear of lack of that's making you (me!) miss. It's the lack of practice building strong positions under time pressure.

I'm having fits with the extension I bought. Does NOT want to feed.

Forget what I bought, but it ain't right

I hear there's one that does work, but I forget who again

M

edited to add: it's not the gear of lack of that's making you (me!) miss. It's the lack of practice building strong positions under time pressure.
    Several friends use these without issue: