• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Must see/do things in the Austin Texas area?

Opiy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
I plan to go there soon and check the place out to see if I would want to live there. I want to get some ideas of things to do while I am there that are the must do's while there.

It can be a great restaurant, store, museum, bars, parks, landmarks, etc.

I am thinking of staying around a week if I can to see anywhere from Austin, Hill Country, and maybe some Houston.

I will be looking at some other states as well but so far Texas has my attention.

Re: Must see/do things in the Austin Texas area?

Texas State History Museum
Gruene Hall
The bar scene - depending on what youre into, depends where to go
Round Rock Express baseball game (go on Tursday - 1/2 price beer)
Tiger Valley (if you bring your rifle)
State Capitol
UT Tower tour
Pm me for cycling info if you ride
For gear, Alamo Tactical in San Antonio or GT Dist in Austin
Float the river if you come during summer (beer and ass aplenty)

Well I am more into the craft beers or gourmet beers. I drink for quality if that gives some ideas.

I have a nice Gary Fisher sitting here just wasting away that I need to get back into shape and start riding again.

Going to have to check out all of those places on google that you mentioned.

THanks
Larry

You like beer, Wickerman Bar or Flying Saucer. Each has over 100 beers on tap.

Shiner brewery is also close. Austin has several breweries as well.

Bring your mtn bike. We have trails that will put your dick in the dirt.

Great music, great nightlife, lots of texas history in that town and floating the river is a favorite of mine - i love being in austin...but, if living full-time in an extremely outspoken liberal community bothers you, you might want to scoot a little closer to houston or west tx. but even liberal in texas isn't that liberal i guess. just my opinion, you'll have a blast regardless.

You have to go to Salt Lick in Driftwood and go to Kreitez(sp) in Lackhart. That is if you like BBQ. You may want to go to the Oasis in Lakeway for a great sunset diner. I can go on and on with food and drinks but that is just my $.02...

Salt Lick is pretty good grub.

If youre traveling for food, Walburg TX has a great German food place / biergarten. It gets nice and packed and rowdy on the weekends. Lemme know. Heidi and I are regulars.

Coyote Ugly bar on 6th street....so ive been told
gets wild

Carlo's n Charlies on lake
Huge bar on deck over lake, dont take yer wench with ya unless ya fancy a smack down
Drukin bikini clad wenchs...........oh yah much fun

Devils cove, boat access only as above but boats moored together real crazy wenchs galore

if traveling check out The Grist Mill in Gruene. Then hit Gruene Hall. It's the oldest Dance Hall in Texas. Live Music and dancing.

Hey guys,
Ive also been thinking about maybe moving out there. I wanted to know if you had any recommendations of any other places that might be of interest. I am into mountain biking, diving, and shooting of course. if I do make the move, do you know if Austin PD has any jobs available? Thanks for any info you could provide.

For shooting, McBrides is a good gun shop. A Hider used to work there, but his username is slipping my mind at the moment.