• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing muzzel brake on rem700 sps 308 tactical

maxx

Private
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2008
south east. Mo.
thinking about having a muzzelbrake put on my rem 700 sps 308 tactical. The recoil is not bad but the muzzel jump is bad on the 20 inch barrel.
How hard and who would be recommended to install it.

Maxx

Re: muzzel brake on rem700 sps 308 tactical

Sign up for the online training, Jacob and Frank will teach you to drive the rifle, muzzle jump will be a thing of the past, and your groups will shrink.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pacomdiver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how do we signup? </div></div>

- Make sure you're logged into the site.
- Open the dropdown menu on the 'My Stuff' tab near the top center of the page.
- Click on 'Subscriptions'.
- There's a SH Online Training area with a 'details' tab. It should be self-explanatory from there.

Look at the 'Straight Back - Behind the Rifle' and 'Loading the Bipod' (lessons 1 and 1A). Do your best to follow those principles over time emphasizing 'perfect practice'. Then, attempt to incorporate the other shooting fundamentals covered in the lessons following those.

Or, just blame your rifle and equipment for not performing up to your shooting ability.
wink.gif

I have a Rem 700 with the 20 in barrel, it is in the photos, I put one on because it I have a YHM surpressor on it

I had an AAC brake installed on my Rem 700 LTR. It doubles as a suppressor mount. I had Tornado Technologies install the brake (they had also done the threading) to ensure it was indexed correctly (ports lined up horizontally). Mike at Tornado Tech may have machined the shoulder a bit instead of using the supplied shims because he likes to consider the aesthetics of the finished product.

Additionally, the online SH training is invaluable.

If done properly a 308 can be shot all day with minimal felt recoil effects or muzzle jump. However muzzle brakes do make a difference, and I have great success with Darrel Holland quik discharge muzzle breaks for tactical rifle applications. Keep in mind that adding one will make the rifle louder. This brake with a blank bottom has to be indexed properly on the barrel. I do this type work and would be glad to help. Contact me at suarez tactical rifles.