• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

muzzel break question

Re: muzzel break question

I know people that put muzzle brakes on 223`s.Does it need it probably not but it looks cool.I`ve got a APA little bastard on my 5r.An I can`t say enough good about it.The pro is that it obviously reduces recoil.The con is that it is ear drum splitting loud.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fishguts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if you owned a 6.5/284 and were planing on taking yotes at long distances would you have a muzzel break instaled on your weapon? this gun will be used at the range some also. id kind of like to get one but would like to hear the pros and cons and what type would suit me best. thanks </div></div>

My biggest reasons are reduced recoil and better able to remain on the target to see if I hit what I was shooting easier. The cool factor never got me any girls in my neighborhood
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fishguts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that makes a lot of sence, so the side puffers would be best you think? i see some that are direct mount, any good? red rider weres a good place to look at them bastards? </div></div>

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1315891&page=1