• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Muzzle brake ecommendation for my bolt gun

42N8 1

Private
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2008
Idaho
Looking for a recommendation for a muzzle brake for a factory Bergara B14 Wilderness Ridge in 7mm Rem Mag to replace the factory omni brake. I need to reduce down the recoil of the rifle hoping to get back on target and improve the accuracy. This rifle will mainly be used for hunting. I have not seen anyone produce a brake specifically designed for the 7mm but I understand a 30 cal works okay. Let me know your suggestions? The following brakes are what I am considering:

APA Fat bastard Gen 3

Precision armament M11

Area 419 Sidewinder

Ultradyne Apollo

Masterpiece Arms

Those are some heavy brakes for a hunting rifle. I would throw this into the mix...and the price can't be beat with his sale:

I've had an APA, Area 419, and Ultradyne.

They all cut recoil very well, but are loud. If it helps you to be a better shooter, then great...but don't forget that you're screwing with the harmonics, so you may have to tune a load around that. My last AI barrel shot factory 140 ELD-M better without the Area 419 attached.

Reactions: 42N8 1 and ShtrRdy
I like the Ace brake. And I have hunted with it. It is loud (all the good ones are) and even though I think it’s the one of the most gentle on the shooter, hunt with quality ear pro.

Thanks for the responses. I went ahead and just got a APA Gen little b because they were having a good discount price that I couldn't pass up. The bad part about APA is they tend to have more back blast but are one of the top for recoil mitigation.