• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Muzzle brake for 308 bolt rifle

pklin1297

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2008
Fontana, CA
Hello all,

Please let me know which of the following brake you would, or have used with good result on your rifles? Looking for opinion only on brake that can be turned down on the lathe to match barrel profile. I know this list is missing some other popular ones that I am aware of, so please do let me know if you've used anything else. Thanks.

Re: Muzzle brake for 308 bolt rifle

Oh and by "good result" I meant "greatly reduced felt recoil". I know this is a very subjective question to ask but let me know your choice none the less.

I have personally shot a R&D 700 in AICS 2.0 with Badger Thruster installed. Very clean looking and the felt recoil, to me, is a bit more than a .223 AR-15, albeit a bit sharper so that is my "gauge" so to speak.

For those who picked "something else...", can you let me know what your choice would be? Thanks.

For fuck sakes you asked this on calguns, just pick one.

the Tubb brake is superior by design...and tunable.....comes in 6mm and needs to be broached or otherwise made for your boolet exit preference.......used by champions and match winners.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For fuck sakes you asked this on calguns, just pick one.</div></div>

First of all, not sure who you are referring to, last threads I posted on Calguns was asking about Tikka T3, and also looking to see who has a Rem 700 308 action to sell. Other than that I have not posted there since last month.

Second, a forum is for the exchange of ideas and getting questions answered. I have not asked specific questions regarding brakes here or elsewhere but if you have a problem with my asking for help and opinion from people then please do it privately and send me a PM.

Otherwise, please refrain from speaking out... Thanks.

P.S. Thanks to those who are contributing and helping. I really appreciate it.

Im running a Thruster on my 308, it works so well that Im going to run another one on my 7WSM.