• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors muzzle brake for 308

Re: muzzle brake for 308

Also had a good experience with The Answer muzzle brake on a .300 win mag, took the felt recoil down to below that of a .270.... It was a dust blower though (holes all the way around), and thus my affection for the FTE and it's side ports.... The FTE on my .308 is just rediculously easy on the shoulder, making follow-ups & staying on target real easy.... great space keeper as well when used in conjunction with a can.....

Here's The Answer on my old Sendero .300 win mag...

DVC00044.jpg

And, the FTE....

061207_17351-1.jpg

Would recommend checking out the Badger Thruster as well. It can be turned to match the diameter of your barrel for a cleaner look and is a permanent part of the weapon. It is not ported all the way around the circumference giving you the "tossed salad effect" and has a good reputation for being effective.

That being said, a lot of guys don't bother to run muzzle breaks on .308s but whatever floats your boat
smile.gif

This link will show you both the Badger FTE that Wild Bill C recommended as well as the Badger Thruster that I mentioned: http://www.badgerordnance.com/productgroup.php?id=accessories

The Patriot break is the one I would go with but I dont see the need on a .308. The best break for a .308 is a can!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lrt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Patriot break is the one I would go with but I dont see the need on a .308. The best break for a .308 is a can! </div></div>

Recoil isnt so much a factor for a break on a 308. The reason I got one is to that I am able to spot my own shots when shooting long distances and I dont have to have a designated spotter to call out my shot placement.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McCrazy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> a lot of guys don't bother to run muzzle breaks on .308s but whatever floats your boat
smile.gif
</div></div>

T'was my thought but you beat me to it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hatidua</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McCrazy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> a lot of guys don't bother to run muzzle breaks on .308s but whatever floats your boat
smile.gif
</div></div>

T'was my thought but you beat me to it. </div></div>

Alot of guys don't run them on 223's either. Doesn't stop me from running them though.

.308, I like the Cooley.

You can check out JP enterprises I have one of their brakes on my .308 and it kicks less than a .223.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need muzzle brake for 308. What do you sugest </div></div>

"Side Arms, Suppressors & K Bars"

Why are we talking about this in this section?

I run a Tubb Brake on my .308, I can spot my hits at 200 yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need muzzle brake for 308. What do you sugest </div></div>

I suggest you shoot a .223. Spend the money you save with the less expensive ammo on panty hose.
wink.gif

i use SAS's threaded muzzle break

at first i did not want a muzzle break i just wanted a threaded barrel but i am glad i decided to go with the break.

l_6bbf74950ffb48688ea0ef842f19fd21.png