• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

muzzle brake help

jdutton24

Private
Minuteman
Nov 17, 2011
alabama
ok my barrel diameter is .838 @ the end. the brakes im looking at are the badger fte,jp enterprise bennie cooley and holland qd.
my questions are which one would be better fit on my rifle? i know the badger ordnance i will get the .800 minimun barrel diameter one. the jp enterprises says the outer diamter is .925. so im worried about it not matching up to the barrel. i talked with the gunsmith and he said he wold match up the barrel to the end of the muzzle brake. im assuming he meant the threaded end to make it flush and im also assuming the outside diameter on the jp enterprises means the outside diameter of the brake..... not at the threads. am i making sense? also i dont know what size hooland brake i need for my barrel? 3/4? and with the holland it doesnt say anything about 308 diameter so how do i know which one is 308 diamter hole? thanks so much guys and sorry for all the questions

links
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/965190/...-diameter-steel

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/570743/...stainless-steel

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/109958/...stainless-steel

Re: muzzle brake help

PM RWS for information. He makes a break to your specs and nothing else. Holland style. Specs for example: threads, caliber bore, and rear tapper. They also work awesome. Forgot to mention, he only charges $45 and he will get in the mail real quick. Im not working for him, I promise. I got one installed and love it. Just saying.

Go with 5/8x24 and get it tapered to your muzzle diameter of .838 and you will be all set. If you order a holland, or anything else, I believe most the time a smith still needs to bore the .30 cal hole because the breaks are universal for that size round, I think. Someone else know more then that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SavageMOA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PM RWS for information. He makes a break to your specs and nothing else. Holland style. Specs for example: threads, caliber bore, and rear tapper. They also work awesome. Forgot to mention, he only charges $45 and he will get in the mail real quick. Im not working for him, I promise. I got one installed and love it. Just saying. </div></div>

+1

Ross is awesome. His brakes work fantastic and top notch quality.

ok i found out now that with the holland that the bore diameter is .250. and it states that anything over 223 will have to be drilled.

just called my gunsmith and he said he could drill it out to the diameter. and from that link on midway, 3/4 says "•Muzzle must be at least .775" to .850" in diameter for proper installation of brake."
so i guess thats the one i need? ive also pm'd rws

I just had a Tubbs brake put on my stick. It is very impressive. It can be tuned just like the BOSS system the Browning came out with several years ago. It has a 3/4" thread so there is less chance of stress relief and opening the bore

Contact Ross at RWS, give him the threads you want and he will taper the break to match the diameter of your barrel at the crush. Did one for me recently beautiful work, haven't tried it out yet as its at my smith getting instated.