• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Muzzle brake installation, Badger Thruster question

callen3615

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2010
Peidmont, NC
So I have finally got around to taking my 6.5 barrel and action to the gunsmith for chambering. I opted to forgo cerakoting (stainless) for muzzle threading. I have been looking at the badger ordnance thruster brakes. I understand that this is a timed brake that will have to be installed by the gunsmith. Should I pick one of those up and take it to the smith for installation or is there a better option I can do myself after he chambers the barrel and cuts the threads?

Thanks

Ok, ordered the thruster. Already having the muzzle threaded, hopefully he doesnt charge much more to install the brake.

It will need to be timed bored and the blended to your preference, so their should be additional cost. It'll probably save some labor/cost if he does it all at the same time.

Thats what Im hoping. Almost makes me regret getting it threaded, I essentially have a tax stamp in fees and the cost of the brake.