• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Muzzle brake question

Brandon972

Private
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2009
DFW, Texas
What are the muzzle brakes called that look like the stock barrel with holes in it ?? A friend had one like this years ago and it seemed to make good bit of difference.

Anyone have any info on these type of breaks or who does them ??

Thanks.

Re: Muzzle break question

Several do. But it depends on who mounts it as to how well they fit together.

I did a search for "muzzle break" but didnt come up with anything I was looking for.

Can you point me in the right way for some info ?

We do brakes like that, but I suspect you are thinking of Magnaporting which is usually done to the barrel itself. Our brake is a seperate piece

KA1-09006.jpg

i think you may have seen an answer brake....many many small holes and several chambers

You mean like these?

30ku3xk.jpg

I am still making them. Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Vais brakes and Badger Thruster brakes can be made to match the contour of the barrel. A search for muzzle brakes (instead of breaks) may be more helpful
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: guapo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You mean like these?

30ku3xk.jpg

I am still making them. Let me know if this is what you are looking for. </div></div>

How many chambers are in a brake like that?

3 total