• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Muzzle Brake / Suppressor Como…help me understand 🤔

D̷e̷v̷i̷l̷D̷o̷c̷A̷Z̷

Banned x2 🤪
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2014
Yuma, AZ
Curious how a muzzle brake effects outcome when connected with suppressor.

I see all the whiz bang new attachments and it’s got me wondering more and more how these things work together or against eachother.

Currently I only have 1 rifle with a muzzle device that mounts to my suppressor, I’ve ran it a handful of times and can’t really say I’ve noticed any difference vs direct thread…..aside from the fact I enjoy just threading it on.

TB brake for reference.

Curious how a muzzle brake effects outcome when connected with suppressor.

I see all the whiz bang new attachments and it’s got me wondering more and more how these things work together or against eachother.

Currently I only have 1 rifle with a muzzle device that mounts to my suppressor, I’ve ran it a handful of times and can’t really say I’ve noticed any difference vs direct thread…..aside from the fact I enjoy just threading it on.

TB brake for reference.

You probably won't... What is happening with a brake in the supressor, is your blast baffle life is being extended by the fact the brake is taking a large amount of the blast damage

You probably won't... What is happening with a brake in the supressor, is your blast baffle life is being extended by the fact the brake is taking a large amount of the blast damage
Okay. So it’s sacrificial material connected to the suppressor and then works as a brake when running alone.

Anything not to like about this before I invest more $ into the Tbac lineup?

Okay. So it’s sacrificial material connected to the suppressor and then works as a brake when running alone.

Anything not to like about this before I invest more $ into the Tbac lineup?

Which tbac brake? I am not a fan of the ba or cb system. Sr mounts are legit

If you want the full functionality of a brake then switch to the area 419 system. Most of my rifles wear area 419 adapters to run their 4 port brake or most of my suppressors.

IMO, fairly inconsequential what the muzzle device is when its inside of your suppressor. Some say that a muzzle brake acts as a sacrificial baffle and preserves the suppressor more than other types of muzzle devices. However for precision rifle work I think that's mostly academic unless you are shooting A LOT of rounds through the suppressor.

What's most important for a precision rifle role, IMO, is that the mounting device preserves the precision of the system. This means that the mount is very concentric, and that the suppressor is in essentially the same place every time you remove and install the suppressor (repeatable mounting). I want a mounting system that has a consistent POI, no shifts when I remove and reinstall the suppressor.

Some systems are better than others at this, though suppressor mounts in general have come a long ways than what they use to be (like the AAC 51T system :sick:)

TB, since you mentioned them, does an excellent job with the above. They are top tier when it comes to mounting systems for precision applications.

I'm a big fan of the CB system. Alternatively the Q Plan B system using components from Liberty Precision Machine and Rearden Manufacturing is excellent as well. I am partial to taper systems and personally have no necessity for a dual locking system like SR.

Reactions: kthomas