• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Muzzle Brake -T4 Terminator or APA Fat Bastard?

Max Owner

Private
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2008
Canadian, eh.
Hey all.

Have a Remington 700 Long Range model in 300 Win Mag. Had it machined for a 3/4" by 24 thread pitch muzzle brake. Looking to spot my own shots as I shoot mainly on my own.

Opinions between the T4 Terminator and the APA Fat Bastard, please.

I prefer the Fat Bastard Gen 3 with the adjustable ports on the top. The adjustable ports really can help you stay on target and call your own shots if you spend the time to adjust them properly. I have two of the adjustable Little Bastard Gen 3's and really like them.

Of course with both of your choices the back-blast is significant so keep the space to your right and left clear.

I can’t comment on the Fat Bastard, but I run a T4 on my .338 AI. 300grn Berger at 3,050 fps, and the lack of recoil is astounding. I’m able to spot my own shots at as short as 400 yards.

Thanx Flyboy.

Did you install yourself or have smith do it? Also getting a T4 being I’m Canadian May be tough....

Hey all.

Have a Remington 700 Long Range model in 300 Win Mag. Had it machined for a 3/4" by 24 thread pitch muzzle brake. Looking to spot my own shots as I shoot mainly on my own.

Opinions between the T4 Terminator and the APA Fat Bastard, please.
I’m in Canada as well and got the Terminator TT for my 338 Lapua From RangeTech. I was truly shocked how little recoil there is with this break. The TF brake is 3/4-24 and is self timing like he TT so no gunsmith is required. Unfortunately I haven’t shot the fat bastard for comparison.
BDBC0011-1D3C-4B50-94E8-4599F9505326.jpeg

Max,

the T4 will require a Smith/machinist to time correctly, or the use of peel washers. It is a direct thread unit that torques down to a shoulder.

I have both and they both work equally well. Can't tell the difference in performance once they are on. My APA Fat Bastard is the Gen2 without top ports. The APA is easier to mount with the locking nut while the Terminator needs to be timed. I prefer the looks of the Terminator. They both work great and you won't go wrong with either choice.

Thank you guys for the replies.

Once the Terminator is timed, can it be removed and re installed anytime? Out side of crush washers....

Last edited: