• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Muzzle brake

kickinneon

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2008
Eastern kentucky
First i would like to say whats up to all the hide members as i am new here.

I have been researching for the last week or so about muzzle brakes and a couple of other things.

I was wondering if their is a better muzzle brake out their for about the same price as the one in the link below. It will be going on a Remington 700 sps varmint (.308). The gun mods list is as follows/ choute stock / Nikon buck master 6x18x40 / hurris bipod. My best 5 shot group's @405 yards was 2 1/2"s with federal 168 gran match ammo. and @ 800 6 1/2 with military ball ammo.

http://www.3riversprecision.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=30376

Re: Muzzle brake

One first-pass way to screen muzzle brakes is to see how many ports it has. The first does nearly all of the work. A second one can add another 5% or so. More than two - and it is shade-tree mechanic time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rsilvers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One first-pass way to screen muzzle brakes is to see how many ports it has. The first does nearly all of the work. A second one can add another 5% or so. More than two - and it is shade-tree mechanic time. </div></div>

No doubt that the first port past the muzzle/crown in a muzzle brake is going to redirect the most pressure/blast but it's a little misleading to impose KDF, Vais, Badger, APA, Surefire just to name a few are hacked out under tree.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 808Huntress</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out this thread:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1836499&page=1

I just got mine so didnt get a chance to shoot it yet but for $40 Shipped its hard to beat also excellent CS and Communication.

Ross is GTG!!! </div></div>

What brake would i need for my remington 700 sps varment. Im going to jump all over this deal. i was going to get a Surefire but this will save me A 100.

Try brownells. Many to choose from. I have tried shrewd, vias, ops inc, jp and badger fte. Put badger fte on and dont look back. It has the most surface area ive seen, for the first port. Triad tactical has them in 3/4 and 5/8 thread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: el gordo2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rsilvers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One first-pass way to screen muzzle brakes is to see how many ports it has. The first does nearly all of the work. A second one can add another 5% or so. More than two - and it is shade-tree mechanic time. </div></div>

No doubt that the first port past the muzzle/crown in a muzzle brake is going to redirect the most pressure/blast but it's a little misleading to impose KDF, Vais, Badger, APA, Surefire just to name a few are hacked out under tree. </div></div>

Surefire is well done. They are generally 2 ports and when there is a 3rd, they have a specific reason for it (to use up space it would seem).

I just sent a email to Ross yesterday and he already responded even though it is a holiday weekend. He answered all my questions and will be ordering one Tueday.

Ross makes a great break. I have one a 7mmRM, and a 300WM. They both recoil less than a 308WIN while shooting heavy bullets in the 300WM.

Harrell's Muzzle brake

I currently use a Harrell's Muzzle brake.

But, I am going to give Ross' brake a try....

ghog3.jpg

if you want to stay in that price range try badger thruster. And remember, ports on the bottom = dust in the face.

I just sent Ross my payment and specs and he emailed back about 3hrs later and said it was done and he was shipping it. I told him I wanted it to fit my Rem MLR 338 lapua 5/8-24 and it was same price. $40

Not sure how to post a link to another thread, but look in the optics & access for sale and the title of thread is 3muzzle brakes for sale. Read through the thread and it lists pictures.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1302004#Post1302004

I orderd one from Ross 3 days ago. I got a email 2 hours later saying it has shipped. Hes super fast to answer my questions and help me out. I would recommend him. Ill do a review on the brake when i get it on the before and after on the gun.

I got my RWS muzzle brake today and got it installed. it was the best $40 dollars i have spent on the gun. My gunsmith shot it after he got it put on and said that he has 22 mags that kick harder then my .308.

Ill upload a pic to photobucket and post it in a min.

Kickin-

Sorry for the late reply but glad to see that you went with Ross. He's super fast,super nice and really helpful. Glad to help out and like you said for $40 its very hard to beat

Cant wait to shoot mine!

Aloha!

338Bloodhound,
which one you after?
I'm phosphating a batch right now. We leave the delivery at 6-8 weeks on some because the damn export paperwork takes so long for some countries,(russia for instance) and its better to expect 6-8 weeks and be happy when it arrives in 3, than to expect a week and be pissed off cos it took 6.
Hide members get priority on any of our products, some times suppliers screw us up on delivery times and stretch things, but more and more local manufacture is cutting that down to a minimum.
regards Pete

Ross makes a kick ass break! between my brother and i we have about a dozen of them. It is truly the best 40 bucks you can spend on a break. I'll never buy another Holland. Ross has always shipped same day on all of my orders.

Best of all They're made in the USA by a legal American.