• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MUZZLE BRAKE

BANG...ping

Private
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2017
Hey all,
I have a Little Bastard on my 6 Creed. It works great, but seems to send much of the blast back toward the shooter. Can anyone recommend a brake that directs less blast back toward the shooter? Has anyone done a comparison with other brakes Vs. the Little Bastard? Thoughts?

Thanks,
Bang

if it doesn't direct gasses to the rear, this will limit the effectiveness as a "brake", but if you don't need or want that, you can use a flash hider or other type of device.
obviously some brakes are less obnoxious than others, but i don't have experience enough to recommend one.

hope this might help

There few brake with 90° first port to compensate the rest of the front port angled towards shooter..ryan Pierce brake heathen just to name a couple..good luck

Piercision 5 port brakes are what I have been using. They are the most comfortable brake I have used (and not as loud as the lil bastard either). Been extremely satisfied with them.

Reactions: MangoFett
I have 3 LB's and never been hit by my own discharge (interpret that however you want). Unless you are not staying square behind the rifle I don't even see how this is possible. Even when shooting prone off of soft dirty, as long as you have a mat the dusting should be minimal directly on you. However, they will sure as heck piss your shooting buddy off!

Area 419 Hellfire. Awesome system to take it on and off consistently

The hellfire is a fantastic brake, probably the best in my opinion for recoil reduction but it's not a good fit for the OP's concern of mitigating the blast the shooter gets from the brake. The 419 isn't as bad as the little bastard but its not far behind.

Best brake hands down is the 5 port muscle brake from ryan pierce as mentioned above. Nearly the same recoil reduction as the 419 hellfire but the first port is at a 90 and it blocks the blast. I get 0% concussion or even air movement and I love it. It's been my go to brake for two seasons now.

I like the Precision Armaments EFAB muzzle device. It looks interesting, and it’s a surprisingly effective brake (though not as good as a Hellfire or similar) with zero concussion, and it’s not horrible to shoot next to either. Spotting shots with 6.5CM is easy; I see very little reticle movement.

The hellfire is a fantastic brake, probably the best in my opinion for recoil reduction but it's not a good fit for the OP's concern of mitigating the blast the shooter gets from the brake. The 419 isn't as bad as the little bastard but its not far behind.

Best brake hands down is the 5 port muscle brake from ryan pierce as mentioned above. Nearly the same recoil reduction as the 419 hellfire but the first port is at a 90 and it blocks the blast. I get 0% concussion or even air movement and I love it. It's been my go to brake for two seasons now.

Good info. Thank you - I will check that out. Sitting beside a hellfire is miserable, but behind one is not too bad.