• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MUZZLE BRAKE

scorpio 25

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2005
Hello looking for a brake for a RPR in 6.5cm. whats some of the better brakes out there now ?Goal basically is to observe my impact and have less recoil

Last edited:
Same ones mentioned here.

Reactions: BufordTJustice
I'd vouch for Terminator brakes. they have videos on their site testing a bunch of different ones to give you an idea of how little it really matters for any that are a decent design

I'd vouch for Terminator brakes. they have videos on their site testing a bunch of different ones to give you an idea of how little it really matters for any that are a decent design
those brakes are $ 325

Definitely agree with you there. Great brake for a 6.5 creedmoor. Just don’t be the guy next to it lol.

I picked up the area 419 hellfire match during the Black Friday sales, gonna shoot Monday on and see what a difference it makes, I had a seemless brake from LRI which did help, but the hellfire match is way bigger and I expect it will make a noticeable difference

Reactions: Skunkworx
I picked up the area 419 hellfire match during the Black Friday sales, gonna shoot Monday on and see what a difference it makes, I had a seemless brake from LRI which did help, but the hellfire match is way bigger and I expect it will make a noticeable difference
let us know how it goes

Reactions: Skunkworx
APA little bastard is a very good brake as well. I liked the first one enough i bought another

i think i am going to go with the hell fire or the pva jet blast which i have one of and its really good but i wanted to try something different

Someone did a big test and the JP Recoil Eliminator AKA Tank Brake won out on maintaining POA/POI, didn't win out in recoil reduction, not that it was bad, but definitely won in maintaining POA/POI.

Worth a look for sure.

i think i am going to go with the hell fire or the pva jet blast which i have one of and its really good but i wanted to try something different

Which ever one you get, make sure you setup right next to the guy shooting suppressed. We LOVE that.

Reactions: scorpio 25
I have personally tried the APA Lil' Bastard gen 2, Area 419 Hellfire, Precision Armament Hypertap and the MPA 6.5 brake. They are all good brakes for recoil reduction. Some have more blast than others but that doesn't bother me. I have been quite impressed with the MPA brake and it's decently priced.

Someone did a big test and the JP Recoil Eliminator AKA Tank Brake won out on maintaining POA/POI, didn't win out in recoil reduction, not that it was bad, but definitely won in maintaining POA/POI.

Worth a look for sure.
that test is years old

Reactions: Rob01