• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Muzzle Brakes again

kraigWY

CMP GSM MI
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2006
Wyoming
In my brake making attempts I was thinking about pinning the brake on instead of threading.

I ruled that out, thinking it would be a bad ideal. This morning I saw this picture, its to the right of my screen (and I assume everyones screen):

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showgallery&Number=1719851

On my Model 70 300 WM, I have the muzzle turned down to 3/4 in. so I can ust a clamp on front sight base held on like the base in this picture.

I'm figuring if I was to try that with the brake, I'd end ups sending it down range.

But, if one was to cut a grove in the barrel so the pens or set screws (like in the picture) would keep that from happening. Plus it would make for perfect allinment every time the brake was put on.

I'm thinking that I could do this and still use my clamp on sight base. After all its my 1000 yard gun and can't use brakes in NRA 1000 yard matches.

Any Ideals, pro or con, I'm just fishing here.

Here is the picture (poor one I admit) of the sight set up on my M-70.

1000%20yd%20Rifle.jpg

Re: Muzzle Brakes again

Its a muzzle brake from Pete Roedale in Germany. The brake is threaded inside and uses the 2 bolts to clamp it into the position you want. I do believe he makes a 4 bolt non-threaded model that just clamps to the barrel.