• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Muzzle Brakes on an small caliber ARs

What kind of hearing protection are you using? Some years back I started to wear max blocking earplugs + electronic muffs. People shooting brakes don't bother me anymore.

Reactions: DocRDS
I cannot disagree, however I run cans on everything except shottys and pistols. Course, id love to run one on sbs. Thinking 10” 12ga and a can would be fun. Too bad its so much money for 12g cans.

anyways, prs brakes are damn near the worse.

I started buying the 3m plugs rated at 35db, and put my muffs on to hear stuff. Can't hear a damn thing with both.

But most muscle brakes are damn obnoxious if you're not in the wide open by yourself.

Should be banned.

Fight me.

Or at least the jack-ass next to me with a 4 port brake, Hi Power Scope and couldn't hit shit at 100 yards.
People with short barrels and big brakes bother me as much as jerk offs telling me how I should or should not have my firearms configured.

You do you

Reactions: plong
Plugs and muffs the highest rating you can find when shooting anything louder than a pellet gun.

You only need a few “bad “ shots to mess up your hearing for good.

it’s not just the noise it’s also the vibration that goes through your skull to you ears, that also causes damage.

the muffs dampen that vibration

side note 9 of 10 posts on this site are:

“ live free or die/ this is America keep to your own etc”

yet half those posts wind up wanting to “ban” something.

If he wants a brake...he uses a brake

If you don’t like it spend you money elsewhere...same thing has been said about Nike, Starbucks, MLB, the list goes on

Reactions: adubeau
I've worn plugs and muffs and still don't like muzzle brakes. They belong on cannons not shoulder-held rifles.

Maybe the next time someone shows up with a muzzle brake, I'll get out my flintlock rifle and sit to the left of them. Then let's see how they like that.

Reactions: MrSmith
I have a pinned / welded break on an old bushmaster upper because a bunch of assholes thought flash hiders should be banned.

For years it always seemed like I was shooting handgun silhouette competition next to a fellow shooting a 6BR with a brake. Loud enough and with enough side pressure to actually move me. Now holding a six pound bolt handgun with a 2 1/2 once trigger, that’s not cool. So, I would always wait until he fired, then I would put my finger on my trigger and began my count down to shooting. (Three breaths, settle, squeeze trigger)

I still like shooting suppressed but a nice brake such as the little bastard really helps when you don't have a spotter.

Unless you are shooting .22LR, suppressed shots are still loud enough to damage hearing.

EFAB solves all those issues, but people are usually too cheap. I'm not sure why people will shell out 1500 for a scope but will pass up a 150 dollar brake that offers great flash suppression and doesn't piss your neighbors off on either side.

EFAB solves all those issues, but people are usually too cheap. I'm not sure why people will shell out 1500 for a scope but will pass up a 150 dollar brake that offers great flash suppression and doesn't piss your neighbors off on either side.

Pardon my ignorance. What's an EFAB?

Reactions: Longshot231
For years it always seemed like I was shooting handgun silhouette competition next to a fellow shooting a 6BR with a brake. Loud enough and with enough side pressure to actually move me. Now holding a six pound bolt handgun with a 2 1/2 once trigger, that’s not cool. So, I would always wait until he fired, then I would put my finger on my trigger and began my count down to shooting. (Three breaths, settle, squeeze trigger)

I shot a 7BR in unlimited. Seems I was always next to an old EOD guy who shot a .308 with a brake. I followed the same tactic.

Reactions: Dead Eye Dick
What kind of hearing protection are you using? Some years back I started to wear max blocking earplugs + electronic muffs. People shooting brakes don't bother me anymore.

I still like shooting suppressed but a nice brake such as the little bastard really helps when you don't have a spotter.

Unless you are shooting .22LR, suppressed shots are still loud enough to damage hearing.
Double bag your ears at the range and turn up electronics enough to here commands. Or have 24/7/365 ringing in your ears the rest of your life like me.

I guess some people have never shot subs. 22lr sv, 45, 9mm, 300blk none need any earpro with an adequate can.

People with short barrels and big brakes bother me as much as jerk offs telling me how I should or should not have my firearms configured.

You do you

IN THIS THREAD: soy boys complaining about a little bit of muzzle blast.

Maybe airsoft is more you're speed

I have a pinned / welded break on an old bushmaster upper because a bunch of assholes thought flash hiders should be banned.
1618238071371.png