• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing muzzle brakes

noack920

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2010
TX
I have an old remington 721 in 300 H&H and was thinking about a muzzle brake. I was wondering if anybody has had this or knows where I would get one.

Re: muzzle brakes

Just about any brake that will work for a .30 cal (.308) should work for the 300H&H. You'll probably have to have a gunsmith thread you barrel for it though. Depending on you barrel dimensions you may be able to get a brake that goes on with a set screw but wouldn't recomend that route. Especially if your looking for the best in accuracy.

I belive that most 30 cal stuff uses 5/8" X 24 TPI.
Good Luck
JMC

I use 9/16x24 threads per inch on my sporter 30 cal barrels.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LDA338UM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use 9/16x24 threads per inch on my sporter 30 cal barrels. </div></div>

Good thing I didn't say all!
JMC

KDF makes a good brake, and depending on your barrel contour you can turn them down or taper them to fit your barrel. They look great