• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Muzzle Break for Rem 700 AAC

lima27

Private
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2011
Does anyone know of a muzzle break other than the ones made by AAC that will match the profile of the Rem 700 AAC's barrel? I've heard that the O.D. of the barrel is 0.890" but nothing comfirmed. The other question is does it matter if the thread diameter matches (5/8") but the thread count of the muzzle break is larger? The rifle is 5/8"-24, but a lot of the breaks are 5/8"-28 or 32.

Re: Muzzle Break for Rem 700 AAC

Here is what I was looking at... JP Enterprises Large Profile Compensator specs: 5/8"-24 TPI, .875 OD, .350 Exit.
I do know others exist but don't remember specifics and don't feel like doing half an hour of research, sorry.
You could have one custom made. I know there are a few different guys on this site who will make one for you. I know one is Ross, goes by "RWS" here. He has a good rep and is relatively affordable.
Hope this helps.

You might try the R&D RAD brake. They are for sale in the commercial section if you want a look at it. It is threaded for 5/8x24 and can be attached and removed with an allen wrench. You might get lucky and not have to time it.

If you're looking to match the OD of the barrel at the muzzle, the options for off-the-shelf are limited. I have a Badger FTE on the same barrel and it does a great job of reducing felt recoil and it would use the same threads you have but would require turning a section of the barrel just behind the threads for the area that clamps. The plus is that you time it yourself and can pop it on or off quite easily

1" csr from centershot rifles or benchmark barrels. The brake can be beveled and indexed at the same time. Thead Is 5/8x 24. I dont know of any .890 that are production. If your pitch is 24 your stuck there unless u cut and rethread.