• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Muzzle Device for my new builds

CBMAX1

Private
Minuteman
May 12, 2020
Illinois
Hey,

I am in the process of building a .22 LR. I have an 18 inch Proof Research Competition profile barrel. It is 1/2 X 28 TPI. The barrel is slightly over 1 inch in diameter at the muzzle.

I am having a hard time finding a thread protector or compensator to match the barrel profile. The largest outside diameter I can find is .920 or .930. I realize that would work. Just wondering if anyone has a better recommendation on who might have something closer to 1 inch. I’d prefer not to go custom gunsmith fit, but I will if necessary.

For anyone that is interested, build components are as follows:

Zermatt Rim X action
Proof Research 18 inch competition profile barrel
Trigger Tech Diamond trigger
MPA Matrix Chassis
MPA Side Rail

Everything is in my possession except for the chassis which should be here any day now. Besides that, I am waiting on a Zermatt action wrench.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

T-rec muzzle brakes... Lil pricey but they work in 3 diff ways
Check them out k.D.E. customs paulden az.

The OD of Area419 HF is about 1.1", it should work. Or use a barrel tuner like ATS then you can use any MB.

Reactions: akmike47
Harrells has some different sizes, the guys that make the RF tuners.

If you go with Harrels, tell them it is for a 22 rifle and ask if the tuner with 1/2 x 28 can be opened up for your barrel size. They did it for me. My barrel is .9?

I'm running a 18 inch Proof Competition Contour. Have a good gunsmith spin you up a seamless thread protector.

Attachments

• RimX99_crop.jpg
    RimX99_crop.jpg
    946.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 20210321_183922.jpg
    20210321_183922.jpg
    384.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 20210321_184004.jpg
    20210321_184004.jpg
    518.2 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: jNCgUN