• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Muzzle device options for AK with turned down muzzle?

rusty815

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Hey guys, I recently inherited a polytech mak-90 (not a norinco surprisingly, but a polytech branded mak-90). I want to add a muzzle device since I do that to all my rifles, my main problem is that the AK is one of the postban ones with turned down barrel threads, the end of the muzzle measures at .46 inches in diameter which means I don’t think I can have it threaded. My question is, what are my options to have a muzzle device installed? I’ve looked at pin on brakes but I’m a little wary of using one, and I don’t want to have to have a gunsmith move my sight block since my AK actually has a surprisingly straight front sight. I’m probably gonna have to go that route anyhow, just wanted to see if there was anything I’m missing.

I've no clue. Maybe this will help you.

Found those articles on the web with the same issue. Didn't find anything on the hide. Hope that helps