• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Muzzleloader scope

Brookky

Private
Minuteman
May 31, 2013
Richmond Ky
I’m looking at 2 scopes for a custom muzzleloader the first vortex viper pst gen ii 5-25x56 ffp ebr-2c mrad and the second is nightforce SHV 5 -2 x 56. Is one better than the other? I don’t own either brand I do own Schmidt and Bender. Looking at spending no more than 1200 for a scope

How far do you plan on shooting with this muzzloader?

I’m looking at 2 scopes for a custom muzzleloader the first vortex viper pst gen ii 5-25x56 ffp ebr-2c mrad and the second is nightforce SHV 5 -2 x 56. Is one better than the other? I don’t own either brand I do own Schmidt and Bender. Looking at spending no more than 1200 for a scope

I shoot a smokeless muzzleloader and had a vortex viper pst gen 2 on it. Great scope. Great for the gun. I'm a vortex fanboy so I might be partial but personally I'd go vortex. What muzzleloader are you shooting???

I suppose anything is possible, I just never heard of anyone shooting reliably over 300 yards with a muzzloader. I own vortex pst Gen 1 and 2, if I was going to use that I would go for a 3-15x44 pst gen 2. I use mine out to a 1000 yards and they are about 1/2 of what your budget is.

Keep us posted with what you decide and how far you reach out with it?

I suppose anything is possible, I just never heard of anyone shooting reliably over 300 yards with a muzzloader. I own vortex pst Gen 1 and 2, if I was going to use that I would go for a 3-15x44 pst gen 2. I use mine out to a 1000 yards and they are about 1/2 of what your budget is.

You need to check out smokeless muzzleloaders. They are the bomb. I went to the midwest muzzleloader classic last weekend we were easily scoring hits at 500 on 8inch plates. The winner shot a clay pigeon at 500. Expensive definitely. Worth it. For sure.

Reactions: TACC

My dads hunting buddy. First time behind the gun. 750 yards. It seems crazy until you see it for yourself. If your interested at all check out arrowhead sporting goods.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1484492881655.jpg
    FB_IMG_1484492881655.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 28
Just checked them out, $3750 for a muzzloader, WOW. I imagine they can do one heck of a job, but it'll be a little while before I get one of those. But I am still interested in the info and results.

Shoot straight and shoot often!

Just checked them out, $3750 for a muzzloader, WOW. I imagine they can do one heck of a job, but it'll be a little while before I get one of those. But I am still interested in the info and results.

Shoot straight and shoot often!

They do come with a cost for sure. If you have a rem 700 he can rebarrel it with his barrel. Luke is top of his class in what he does. He'll answer any questions night or day. If you want to more let me know.

You need to check out smokeless muzzleloaders. They are the bomb. I went to the midwest muzzleloader classic last weekend we were easily scoring hits at 500 on 8inch plates. The winner shot a clay pigeon at 500. Expensive definitely. Worth it. For sure.

That's incredible! But I have to ask why does such rifles exist?
Is there some sort of state hunting rules that gave rise to high end muzzle loaders, or are they jusy there for the fun of it?

That's incredible! But I have to ask why does such rifles exist?
Is there some sort of state hunting rules that gave rise to high end muzzle loaders, or are they jusy there for the fun of it?

In iowa and a few other states we cant use rifles for deer hunting. Bow, shotgun and muzzleloader only. So the idea of being able to get a muzzleloader that can produce near rifle results is light years ahead of even rifle barreled shotguns.

There are also some states that have a rifle season and a muzzleloader season but a muzzleloader season only hunt might be at a more ideal time of the year so one can now perform better. There really an amazing thing.

In iowa and a few other states we cant use rifles for deer hunting. Bow, shotgun and muzzleloader only. So the idea of being able to get a muzzleloader that can produce near rifle results is light years ahead of even rifle barreled shotguns.

There are also some states that have a rifle season and a muzzleloader season but a muzzleloader season only hunt might be at a more ideal time of the year so one can now perform better. There really an amazing thing.

Cheers, that explains it then.
Definitely the best option in those situations.