• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

mv to temp ratio

Killswitch Engage

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2008
ohio
anybody got an idea on what the increase is in fps for a given rise in temp. i was instructed that it was appx 50fps for every 20deg f rise in temp. anyone think that is accurate or indifferent?

Re: mv to temp ratio

There is no rule of thumb. The only way to find out is to chronograph a given load at different temperatures. I've tested loads which ranged from 0.6 fps per degree F. to 5 fps per degree F.

Re: mv to temp ratio

thanks lindy

i am shooting 69smk with w748 which i know is no the most temp stable powder out there. with 24.5 gr i am getting 2740-50 ish @ 26deg f. i am hoping to see 2800 around 75 or 80 deg. would you think that is probable? i guess i am wondering becuase i would like to pound out a couple hundred of these and finalize my drop chart before summer. no biggie though, i will load them any how and blast away as it is what it is.