• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors MWS/AAC 762SDN6 -- Breakout gen 1 vs gen 2 vs full muzzle break

StoopidSlow

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2010
Phoenix, Az
Hey folks, looking to shoot my buddy's 762SD-N-6 on my 18" LMT MWS. It has a bird cage on it now, and I don't think recoil is too terrible, but the softer it shoots the more fun it ought to be to keep it in my shoulder. AAC has to many dam muzzle devices for their silencers and i'm not sure which one would be best for me. I don't care at all about muzzle flash, I do how ever shoot from the prone. When the can isn't on it would be great to not get a face full of dirt. The new breakout devices apparently don't need to be timed. That doesn't make any sense to me, sure maybe because they're symmetrical you don't have to worry about some weird ass muzzle climb, but if the port ends up facing strait down cant I expect a dust storm every time i pull the trigger?

Secondly is there a big difference between the 1st and second gen? This isn't going to become a trend where every year there's a new one is there? Let me know if you have had experience with one and can recommend it, thanks.

I have all three types on different guns, the bird cage makes a odd pitch fork ringing after shooting, The breakout works ok not the best as a muzzle break and the break is ok as well, the 51T mounts are known to be lockup issues and wiggling so you may have to hone any of the mounts