• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

my 1k/1k build

mtm87tx

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2006
Texas
450 for used SPS varmint in 308
sell the stock for ~35.00-50.00
Used HS precision and DBM for about ~500
EGW 20 moa rail and bolt knob for around 150ish

puts me at 1k minus scope, have a 5.5-22 NF that im selling in favor of a 3.5-15x50 MLR/MIL

Im thinking this will take me to 1k yards.

Am i spending too much for stock and DBM? is that 300 for a badger better spent in trueing the action?

also if anyone has any of the parts for sale PM me im looking to buy.

Re: my 1k/1k build

No, a used HS and badger DBM should run around $550. but then you have to have the stock inleted for it, so add another $50-75.

Ditch the EGW rail and the bolt knob (which looks pretty, but only marginally aids function), and buy quality bases like Badger, Seekins or Nightforce. You will thank yourself later....

And you true an action when you rebarrel it, not usually before with an OEM barrel.

Oh, buy a good trigger for it like a Timney or Huber; add a bipod, bubble level (USOptics), and sell your old trigger and bottom metal. While your at it burn the Hogue stock rather then selling that abortion......why pass on bad kit.
smile.gif

Bob

Re: my 1k/1k build

I have a Harris with pod loc still, I was thinking badger rail instead of EGW since they arent alot more in the grand scheme of things.

The factory Xmark triggers while not ideal will work for the time being, I do have a 700 jewel laying around that I might sell in favor of a rifle basix.

I might try one of the home bedding kits if I can get the rifle to shoot well.