• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My 1st AR platform

BAMAboy18

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2020
I think I've owned every semi-auto 308 battle rifle (some converted to 308) and lots of 223s, but none have been ARs. We'll I just bought a complete pistol lower, have not picked it up yet. It's made by Cival Defense Armory:
with a forged "mil-speck" receiver.
My plan is to get a 10" 7.62x39 upper, as well as a 9mm setup. Thinking hard about adding a binary trigger. Been buying up Tula fodder, should be a fun plinker. What can I expect as far as adding a hinge to the brace? Will that have any effect on buffer weight? Curious about legalities of switching back and forth with a 16" upper and but-stock?

This is just me, but I would do a 9mm lower like CMMG (or just buy a banshee) or if you want to go cheap get a PSA AR-V. Also, PSA KS-47 takes AK mags. A lot of the AR style mags have problems with 7.62x39. The AR style mags for 7.62x39 are weird shaped and I don't know anyone who make chest rigs or pouches for them.

Instead of the binary trigger look at Rare Breed FRT. I got to shoot one at my gunsmith on a PSA AR-V and it was fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: BAMAboy18
Trying to keep it low budget. Got my pistol lower. Ordered, and they emailed me tracking # for 2 Bear Creek uppers, both 10.5" side chargers; 9mm & 7.62x39. Just got two unimags to try out. Ordered a Franklin binary trigger. I have a brace, but want an adjustable one. Need to decide on a glock mag adapter and pick up some mags. I'll try out the 7.62x39 1st and work on tuning it, probably going to change to an adjustable gas block and pick up some different buffers to try and get it to run subsonic ammo. And I'll be useing FAB gradius grip and their PTK foregrip (that's what I've got on my Draco & I really like the feel)

Question was posed; "why not just a 556?" Short answer; I don't have any. Been buying up 500rnd boxes of barnaul 9mm & 7.62x39 for +/- $150 a box. I was really wanting a PC Charger, but this setup is costing about the same, and is dual caliber. And to mention, 10.5 vs 6.5" barrel.