• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

my 2 10-22's are finally complete and pics are up

grunt soldier

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 20, 2009
indianapolis
well the first one started out as a regular ruger 10-22 i then decided i wanted to see what i could do w/ it. so it ended up w/ a 18" ss shilen bull barrel volts trigger grp and a bell and carlson odyssey stock and a out of control muzzle break on it. it was already heavy so i went ahead and put a super sniper 3-9 ffp mil/mil on it and man is it sexy but wow does it way as much as a set up 308. well i am exaggerating a bit but its heavy. so i figured this will not be a solid squirrel gun so i had to build another.

#2 i went w/ the nodak spud 10-22 receiver w/ the machined mil spec rail on top. added a tacsol fluted threaded barrel (will end up being a suppressor host) hogue desert stock and adjusted the trigger. it will be getting the volts trigger grp as i am to cheap to pay for a kidd. then i added a vortex red dot to it and wow can you say light. i think its probably under 4 pounds fully loaded and i was at 100 yards smacking squirrel sized targets standing. its pretty sexy too. and w/ out further wait the pics.

well i guess pics will be up in a hour as the old lady took my camera. sorry for the tease but i don't want to retype it all lol

Re: my 2 10-22's are finally complete

lol sorry axeman i was shitty when i realized i posted this and the camera was gone. but i don't like to type so i had to leave it up.

the nodak is very light. and is alot smoother inside than the standard ruger receiver. its very solid and i got it for a steal so its perfect to me. in the hogue stock w/ the tacsol barrel and the upgraded trigger it shoots amazing at 100 yards. no it doesn't shoot like my shilen but its a amazing gun and w/ out further adoooooo

DSCN0655.jpg

DSCN0657.jpg

DSCN0658.jpg

they look sweet. i love playing with my 10/22s and they sure make it easy to personalize them huh? they are nose heavy though. i do wish i had a carbon fiber barrel on at least one of mine. look at midwayusa and get on their monthly circular catalog. they often have stock 10/22 mags for $10 or $12 bucks. can never have enough

yeah i definitely need some more of those. ty axeman. yes they do make it easy. i would love to put a kid trigger in the tac sol gun but i think i am just gonna stick w/ the volts due to price. its not hard to end up w/ a 1k 10-22 lol. they are a blast to shoot. even my 3 y/o likes to hold it while i aim and the hogue version is light enough for her to actually hold.

i also just recently came into a marlin papoose and they are a sweet little gun too. i got 200 in it w/ scope and all but its still no ruger 10-22

Sweet rifles, I shoot my 10/22 with tacsol barrel consistently out to 230 yds at clay pigeons. It is getting kind of boring now so I am thinking of eggs or golf balls on top of tees now. Nice get up.

ty everyone they are a blast......smallbore the bell and carlson is nice but it is very heavy. i looked everywhere and couldn't find a actual weight of it. read one really nice review and he said it wasn't to heavy to be good squirrel gun so i bit the bullet and bought it. i love it but its a good bit heavier than i thought it was gonna be. for a bench gun it would be sweet though i like it enough that i am definitely gonna keep it though i was considering trying to sell it and check out the fajen fully adjustable one but i haven't been able to find anything on them either.

imurhuckle. i agree they are a extremely accurate barrel and man are they light. i love it. i put some stuff internal wise to quiet it up a bit and its smooth i think w/ a suppressor it would be a awesome get up and stupid quiet and light

i love to see stuff break, and i have an old house with crappy wiring. what does that mean? i have a buttload of light bulbs to shoot. set them in a big cardboard box to catch the glass and you are set. i would really like to try one of those super light barrels. either carbon or epoxy or the new aluminum with steel insert. my twins are top heavy.

yeah i was considering one of the carbon fiber barrels but i got a steal on all of the kits to build them. there is no doubt that shilen is heavy and i may end up swapping it out if i can get a good deal but it is a tack driver. don't get me wrong the tacsol shoots too but that shilen is a beast. i can't wait to get out to my 300 yard range and see if i can run it out to some distance

lol forex alot more than i cared to. for the one w/ the shilen barrel w/ the b&c stock i got about 700 in it. and the one w/ the tacsol and hogue i got about 600 in it but it still needs a better trigger.

and no the muzzle break doesn't help at all w/ the 22 but i didn't have a thread protector for it and that was laying around so thats what it wears lol

they are shooting great btw when i get the chance i will get some pics of the targets