• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My 2 year old's first M249 SAW

defcon

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2011
California
its my latest .22LR conversion using a Marlin 60. dummy links to complete the look. no live ammunition present.
i was taking pics of my build and he wanted to hang out with me. he has other 30 centerfire .22LR replicas to play with when he turns 6

_MG_4552 by defconskylude, on Flickr

<span style="font-weight: bold">Surprise!</span>

_MG_4554 by defconskylude, on Flickr

_MG_4557 by defconskylude, on Flickr

then we can dual wield them with the other 3 .22LR's
8177889195_3ff9cc869d_c.jpg

Re: My 2 year old's first M249 SAW

So these are 22lr conversions? What did that cost, and why? It seems like all that is mall ninja magnet at the range.. what you like to get bugged while you shoot?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So these are 22lr conversions? What did that cost, and why? It seems like all that is mall ninja magnet at the range.. what you like to get bugged while you shoot?
</div></div>

yes sir. im a mall ninja so its okay.
i do enjoy talking to people at the range about these conversions and letting them shoot it especially the kids and their dads.

about $100 - $200 each.

simple. its fun and cheap to shoot these .22's. i like to build/collect centerfire replicas i cant own/buy.

Awesome pictures, good looking boy. You're building a lifetime of memories for both you and your son. It's cool that he wanted to "hangout" with you. Enjoy these times cause they grow up quick.

Nice work on the builds as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome pictures, good looking boy. You're building a lifetime of memories for both you and your son. It's cool that he wanted to "hangout" with you. Enjoy these times cause they grow up quick.

Nice work on the builds as well. </div></div>

thanks man.

i finally got my wife to shoot with me so i cant wait for him to get older so we all can shoot as a family.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no disrespect, just wanted to know the motivation. </div></div>

no worries.

You are getting pretty damn good at these! I couldn't imagine having these as a child! He's going to have many awesome memories as a result of your diligence.