• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

my <$2k savage 111

elk addict

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2012
bozeangeles, mt
well here it is, finally put together. i'd like to thank you all for the information that led me to this mix.

i chose the 111 over the 110ba because i really don't plan to shoot it all that much. i plan to dump canines at long range with it & use it for bears. if i shoot it enough to justify getting a different barrel, i'll be looking at a custom anyways, so it didn't make sense for me to spend the extra on the heavy factory barrel. i also figure that when i want a better stock, i'll get something i like better than the chassis on the 110, too. i've handled a buddy's 110 a few times & just don't like the fit.

savage1.jpg

scope- SWFA SS 5-20- got a great deal on the samples list with trade in. it seems like the best "entry level" scope for this gun & it'll likely spend most of its time on my 7saum that i'm trying to set up for long range comps. i'm stoked that it came with the cattail, too! i did have to adjust where the cattail sat on the ring to clear the bolt handle.

savage3.jpg

savage2.jpg

rings- seekins lows fit just right & i've read nothing but good things about them here. i even have some wiggle room for a heavier contour in the future.

savage4.jpg

and i actually have a harris for it, but it spent the day on the 10/22, so i put the caldwell on for pics.

now to feed it & see how it shoots!