• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos My 2nd SPR

salmonaxe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2007
Lynnwood, WA
Why have one when you can have two?

This one started out as a RRA NM 20" HBAR. Too heavy as it was with no purpose and rarely got shot. So I bought the components to make it into an SPR type rifle of my own design. Biggest concept was to use a Vltor Front sight gas block in order to have a barrel mounted front sight that doesn't get in the way of optics at all. This would allow for the use of a PVS-22 without a Swan Sleeve or having to remove the front sight. (of course I have a honkin sunshade on it, but that's easily removable.)

Barrel is an SPR bbl from High Caliber Sales. Supposedly the closest thing to a real SPR BBL.

Trigger is an SSA-E. Great trigger, but even cooler newer Geissele triggers have come out since. (DARN!)

Front sight gasblock is the VST-1C. Clamping version, which is insanely strong. Flush cups for slinging over my shoulder. I just use a plain silent sling in different positions and it works great.

The rest should be pretty obvious. I didn't stray much from the RRA internals.

Optics 3.5-15x50 NXS NPR2 with 45 degree angle mounted Trijicon RMR Dual illuminated sight. (9MOA dot)

Second set of pics shows my other "older" SPR.

Re: My 2nd SPR

That is beautiful, excellent job on picking the individual components....the SSA-E is exceptional, the SD-E is just a bit more exceptional
wink.gif

Re: My 2nd SPR

Rail on the newest build is a Daniel Defense M4 12.0. It has the old lock ring which I like the look of better. I only used it because it's functional and came with the original RRA rifle when I bought it from Adco. If I was to buy new I probably would have just got a 12.0 Larue since it has a really good antirotation system, built in flush cups, is cheaper and the lower rail doesn't protrude as much. (DD's bottom rail sticks out as much as the top rail, most rails aren't like this.)