• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My .30 cal. Bullets.

LARMIKE

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2009
SE USA
[img:center]
55qnae.jpg
[/img]

In case you cannot read the numbers L-R SMK 155 My 155gr. SMK 175gr. My 175gr. and my 185gr. Some of you guys may recgonize the 175 as a few of you got to shoot the first ones made. I shot the 175gr. at 1000yds a few months ago and they did very well. I did not have time to do a load so I just used a charge of RL-15. My normal Come ups with SMK 175gr was 43-44MOA. My 175 was around 37 MOA. I have not Shot the 155's or the 185's A friend is going to shoot them @ 600 and 1000 in a few weeks.

Re: My .30 cal. Bullets.

Mike,
I was one of the guys that did initial testing with your 175s and they shot better for me than the 175 SMKs did. I tested them at 400 yards. It did take more powder to get them to same velocity as the SMKs. They were some great bullets!

Which do you want?? I am going to shoot some of the 155gr. this weekend to see what they do. R/ Mike

might want to try your 185gn bullet in my 300wm.do you have the B.C. for that bullet?the looks of it seem to be long so I think it would work great for me.and how much for how many.thanks,john

Well it depends on what your definition work is. Lead wire has to be cut,straightened then cut into rough cores then lubricated and then you get to swage them to weight. this is the most boring part of rolling your own bullets. After that you have to clean ALL of the lube off. I will let my cores dry for awhile. Next comes Core seating.(Swaging into the jacket) this is where the boat tail is made. all that is left is the point forming. There are a few items that I left out but you get the idea. The dies and presses are a bit pricey, especially if you get the carbide dies. I have two other sets of steel dies in .223 and .30 that make some nice projos.

When will you take orders and what's the price. Looking at the 155's.

Any plans or timeline on 6.5mm and 6mm?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buffybuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When will you take orders and what's the price. Looking at the 155's.

Any plans or timeline on 6.5mm and 6mm? </div></div>

The price per 100 will be around $37 to $40. The way I am going to sell them is by the bucket. J4 sells the jacket by length 1.300 length jackets are 700 to a bucket. 1.200 30 cal. are 800 per bucket. you will get the best consistency that way.
I just found another die maker so I may offer another caliber later. His dies are 1/2 the price of the other dies I am using. Same quality but better price. I am kicking around the idea of having some .224 dies made.(I shoot Hipower) I think 6.5 will be the next as the .260 is going to be the next caliber I get for my Match rifle.

FYI I have a Bucket of J4 Jackets 1.3 length for the 185gr. projo. If anyone want a bucket of Bullets send me a PM.

Tested the 185's at 1000 last weekend and they performed very well. We tested them today at 300yds. and the BC is .551 and the velocity avg. was 2863 (30in. barrel) Velocity spread was under 8fps. Lapua brass and 820xbr.
The 155's also shot quite good at 600 yds. No stability issues. Group measured around 2.3in. I am happy with that !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LARMIKE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tested the 185's at 1000 last weekend and they performed very well. We tested them today at 300yds. and the BC is .551 and the velocity avg. was 2863 (30in. barrel) Velocity spread was under 8fps. Lapua brass and 820xbr.
The 155's also shot quite good at 600 yds. No stability issues. Group measured around 2.3in. I am happy with that ! </div></div>

Very nice!