• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My .308 Built by Russell at SSC

Don'tTaseMeBro

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2012
Charleston, SC
www.facebook.com
Great guy that builds great rifles. Only got to shoot it a couple times before heading back to Afghanistan.
rifle3.jpg

rifle3.jpg

rifle2.jpg

rifle1.jpg

Re: My .308 Built by Russell at SSC

like the color, what is it, and how does it shoot---any pics and thanks for your service.

Thanks guys.
Remington 700P with the barrel cut to 18" and threaded
Badger Bottom Metal
Badger Bolt Knob
Jewel Trigger
Badger Brake
Action Trued
Skim Bedded
Vortex Viper PST 6-24X50 w/Throw Lever and Bubble Level
AICS Mags
Harris 6X9 Bipod
Not seen is the National Match Sling
All Duracoated (Not sure of the specific colors)

Awesome looking rifle and thanks for standing in the breach in Afghanistan.

Just a side note guys, I am out of the Corps. Been out since 2005. I work for a security contracting company now. Don't want people to think I'm faking the funk or anything.

Looks great man. Russell sure builds a hell of a rifle. I just got mine about a month ago. I haven't shot much over 1/4 MOA @ 100 since I've gotten it. No further out than that it changes a little, but still sub moa, and the problem isn't the gun, it's me. Nice rifle man.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Don'tTaseMeBro</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sling.</div></div>

ah, gotcha. no idea why i didn't make the connection.
smile.gif

if you'll be in Helmand province drop me a PM. i'll buy you a near-beer.
laugh.gif

I'm outside of KAF now Armed. They won't let us "gunslingers" live on base yet. Haha! You at Leatherneck or Bastion? Ever get out here and I'll get you the real stuff!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowyellow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks great man. Russell sure builds a hell of a rifle. I just got mine about a month ago. I haven't shot much over 1/4 MOA @ 100 since I've gotten it. No further out than that it changes a little, but still sub moa, and the problem isn't the gun, it's me. Nice rifle man. </div></div>

That he does Slow. And a damn good guy to boot.

Stop lying, that round cutout is for the first ever thompson style drum mag fed bolt gun isnt it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stop lying, that round cutout is for the first ever thompson style drum mag fed bolt gun isnt it </div></div>

Maybe.....

It's a little long in the shorts but yes it gets the seal of approval from team bieber

looks good, what was the pricetag on it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Minarix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looks good, what was the pricetag on it? </div></div>

Very reasonable. You'll have to contact SSC for that man. And thanks.

Why such a short barrel? Wont you lose a lot of fps? How accurate do you think it'll be?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JGorski</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why such a short barrel? Wont you lose a lot of fps? How accurate do you think it'll be? </div></div>

Because it's my trunk monkey. I lose a little FPS but nothing significant. Extremely accurate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JGorski</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why such a short barrel? Wont you lose a lot of fps? How accurate do you think it'll be? </div></div>It's not that short. No he won't lose a lot of FPS. It will be pretty darn accurate.

Very beautiful! Must be a dream to shoot.

What a awesome looking rifle! I love the camo you picked out for it. My buddy here in Alabama had Russell build him a rifle last year and it is a very nice rig as well. SSC does a awesome job and build stupid accurate rifles. Happy shooting.

Brock