• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My 40X is Finished

kmussack

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2001
I built a .22RF clone of my .308 rifle so I could practice with the .22RF indoors and at reduced ranges.
brace.jpg

At the top is my .308. I used a Remington 40X .22RF action to build the clone. Feel and balance is nearly identical.
I decided to use a SS 10X on the .22RF because it allows for shooting as close as 10-meters.

<span style="font-weight: bold">The .308 Rifle:</span>
Stock: McMillan, M40A-1 HTG (General Purpose Hunting), pillar bedded
Action: Remington M700 (trued)
Bottom Metal: Badger Ordnance, M-5 Detachable Mag System
Recoil Lug: Badger Ordnance, Maximized Recoil Lug
Barrel: Bartlein, 22”, Light Varmint taper, 1/10 twist, free floated
Finish: Cerakote, O.D.
Scope Rail: Badger Ordnance, Short Action, 20 moa cant
Scope Rings: Badger Ordnance, Standard Height, 30mm
Scope: Leupold, M3LR w/Premier Gen II Reticle
Total System Weight: 12.2 pounds
Overall Length: 41.5 inches

<span style="font-weight: bold">The .22RF Rifle:</span>
Stock: McMillan, M40A-1 HTG (General Purpose Hunting), bedded
Action: Remington, 40X
Bottom Metal: Badger Ordnance, M4 Trigger Guard
Recoil Lug: Remington Factory
Barrel: Lilja, 22-9/16 ”, 1/16 twist, free floated
Finish: Cerakote, O.D.
Scope Rail: Badger Ordnance, Short Action, zero cant
Scope Rings: Badger Ordnance, Standard Height, 30mm
Scope: 10X Super Sniper
Total System Weight: 12.0 pounds
Overall Length: 41.5 inches

I’m putting together some ¼ scale military style steel silhouettes (E-Type & F-Type) to shoot. I just finished the laser cutting and will now make up the wickets. With these I’ll practice my ranging skills using the mil reticle, wind holds and sniper/spotter dialog. Besides it should be a hoot.
tgts.jpg

Re: My 40X is Finished

I doubt it can get any better then that! Great job!!!
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my only question is on the 0 cant on the base? I posted a question the other day on this. Dont you need about 20 MOA built in to reach 200? </div></div>

Depending on your scope 200 yrds would be ok but after that 20 MOA is needed

AWESOME! Ive been itching to do one of these for a while. As soon as finances allow, Im gonna do one.

Semi-O/T; Mike in HH went in for a hip replacement 7/7 and will be closed for three weeks following. I mention this because he has what you need after Andy's excesses with your usually favored unobtanium. Please forgive my obscurity, but your PM topics are over the limit.

Greg

PM files are cleared.
Greg, I have decrypted your message…well done.
See you Sunday?

The targets need testing and design refinement.
After that I can and will make them available.

I plan on being there.

BTW, at STP's request, and persuant to several competitors' suggestions; the FV200 target's gray shading has been eliminated, and the numeric values are now arrayed inline at 6 o'clock. All other attributes remain unchanged.

Greg

nice job sir ,very well done.youll find you like shooting the .22 more than the big brother:)