• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

my 40x just started.

beenjammin

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
I changed the post.. felt stupid when no one else posted pics.. so ill just show my 22s

I have been looking for pictures of 40x projects online, but so far, I cannot find any. I was thingking that since there is a .308 picture thread, and a AICs thread, and a gas/auto thread, we should make a 22lr trainer thread.

Here is my tactical solutions ruger 10/22 in a hogue and a falcon menance. Light as a feather.

Here is my newest project. My beloved 40x I just got. Newest member of my family. Heavy as lead, but smooth as silk. Ill get her in an AICS soon enough, but I tell ya, I like the falcon so much, Dont be surprised if I get another to go on this 40x. I was impressed with the 4-14x.

Re: my 40x just started.

Yeah there has been an influx of them on the market. I think Don is cleaning out his safe or something.
grin.gif

That's a nice start on a 40x project! Where are you guys finding all of these .22LR 40x's and what are you paying for them?

Question about your 10/22... I have one like that with a Hogue stock and have been having a hard time deciding on a barrel. I don't think I want the typical .920 steel barrel because I'm thinking that will be too front heavy. I have considered the TacSol barrel like you have but think they may actually be too light. Have you weighed that rifle and if so, can you tell me the total weight is and your thoughts on the TacSol barrel in general? Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cgv69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a nice start on a 40x project! Where are you guys finding all of these .22LR 40x's and what are you paying for them?

Question about your 10/22... I have one like that with a Hogue stock and have been having a hard time deciding on a barrel. I don't think I want the typical .920 steel barrel because I'm thinking that will be too front heavy. I have considered the TacSol barrel like you have but think they may actually be too light. Have you weighed that rifle and if so, can you tell me the total weight is and your thoughts on the TacSol barrel in general? Thanks </div></div>

Man.. you got to look at tactical solutions. I LOVE their stuff, comes fluted and threaded and mine with a base.
http://www.tacticalsol.com/store/pc/home.asp

Theri barrels are insanely light weight. I can hold my 10/22 with one hand and point shoot.

You have excellent taste, my good man! (I've got a 10/22 in an OD Hogue stock with a TacSol barrel, and a Remmy 40-XB in an AICS as well.)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Theri barrels are insanely light weight. I can hold my 10/22 with one hand and point shoot. </div></div>
I'm all for keeping it light and handy but that sounds too light to me?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cgv69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Theri barrels are insanely light weight. I can hold my 10/22 with one hand and point shoot. </div></div>
I'm all for keeping it light and handy but that sounds too light to me? </div></div>

Each to his own. I wanted it light. Ill let the 40x be the bench rifle. The Tac sol stuff is very light weight. Same for the pac-lite uppers on the ruger mk III/IIIs

The 10/22 is just a fun plinker. The heaviest part are the m40 rings, but its all i had. Im going to replace those with some lightweight seekins and put those heavy ones on the 40x.