• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos My 50's muzzle flash at night

jwSubMOA

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
May 13, 2010
Mississippi
I let a friend take my 50bmg rifle that I designed/built to a shoot over the weekend and he sent back some pictures I thought you guys might find interesting.All three of these were surplus ball with a bunch more powder than my handloads which aren't nearly as impressive.

Re: My 50's muzzle flash at night

Sweet ass pics.. That's a flame thrower for sure..

I thought you had a malfunction before I clicked on the pic... Thats impressive!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the barrel pretty short? </div></div>

No,it's 30".It's just that the M2hb is about 45" and the milspec rounds he was shooting are about 40-50gr more than my handloads.

Holy buckets! You could barbecue with that thing!
laugh.gif

Wow, great picture. I tried to get some pics of the M2 going from the humer at night while in the sandbox, however, it would just wash out my pics. Your neighbors must love you....I assume that your range must be away from the neighborhoods. Personally 50BMG fire at night helps me sleep. It makes me feel safe and secure.

Holy set your range-buddies on fire awesomeness!
I'll just take the bench as far away from you as possible...yeah...
Sweet though

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cookie the Swede</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like how you can shoot it one handed and take a picture with the other.
cool.gif
</div></div>

Weelll,that ain't me.That's my friend Jason who is HVY700 on here.He had a good time,even had one dude and himself shoot it without the brake.I can't pull off the multitasking trick with the phone and rifle,I have one hand
grin.gif

Should work real well in CQB. LOL. Even if you didn't get the BGs, the flame alone will burn them to death. J/k.

If you ever have an SLR camera handy - and a tripod - put focus the camera on the rifle, set the camera to manual, f/16 and and 13" seconds shutter speed and you'll have an even better cracker shot of that flame!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Erik S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy cow! No muzzle brake? Did the shooters survive?
smile.gif
</div></div>

You can tell by the flash coming from to each side it is equipped with some sort a brake, if not the flash would be belching out the muzzle and parallel to the barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAFUBAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">break out the marshmellows !!!! </div></div>

lol, they might taste funny.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZeroDown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many takes to get that?</div></div>

Not sure,going Saturday to a club shoot and I will try to get some video.

do one with out the muzzle brake!
grin.gif

Makes you wonder how the barrel can stay together after 100's of rounds. Cool Pic!