• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My 6.5x47 Lapua load development group....

uracowman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Had one flyer, but oh well.

This was my first time out with the rifle for load development, and I think that will do.

.504-.264 = .240 @ 100 yards

123 amax
lapua brass
federal match primer
37.6 varget
2.725 OAL

I have no idea what the velocity is, but I'm dialing 11.5 MOA of elevation for a 600 yard target off a 100 yard zero. 60~ temperature outside.

IyMrKl.jpg

Re: My 6.5x47 Lapua load development group....

not too shaby, good shooting and good loading work, haven't seen a 6.5 that didn't shoot well yet.
congrats

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: uracowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have no idea what the velocity is, but I'm dialing 11.5 MOA of elevation for a 600 yard target off a 100 yard zero. 60~ temperature outside.
</div></div>

I estimate you were somewhere close to 2975fps at muzzle, just estimating a few of the unknowns.

Get out and shoot her!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JamesBailey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: uracowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have no idea what the velocity is, but I'm dialing 11.5 MOA of elevation for a 600 yard target off a 100 yard zero. 60~ temperature outside.
</div></div>

I estimate you were somewhere close to 2975fps at muzzle, just estimating a few of the unknowns.

Get out and shoot her!!!!

</div></div>

seems a little fast doesn't it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: uracowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> seems a little fast doesn't it? </div></div>

JBM seems to agree with 2975

Looks good, probably will get even better after a bit moore shooting. I'm waiting on my 6.5 now, Jon is almost done....
How do you guys reverse engineer to solve for velocity from JBM that way?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trooper #40</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good, probably will get even better after a bit moore shooting. I'm waiting on my 6.5 now, Jon is almost done....
How do you guys reverse engineer to solve for velocity from JBM that way? </div></div>

You fill in all the concrete variables you know such as temperature, barometric pressure, bullet weight, BC etc, your dependent variable to change around is the muzzle velocity. Once you guess a velocity that corresponds to your elevation dial, the resulting data should give you a rough estimate of your load.