• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My 6 year old girl at 450 yards!

My 6 year old girl at 450 yards!

From the pics she looks a lot closer to the camera than 450 yards.?

Video was shot through a spotting scope and that little girl goes to one of the schools that didn't cut physical education.

Last edited:
That is awesome! Great to see people getting kids into the sport at such a young age even if she can out shoot me :-(

You must be a proud dad, great shooting! Hope to get my girls out to the range in a couple of years

my gurl is 3yrs old cant wait till shes on this age..ill be doing the same this looks fun..hope she will be in to shooting too..i like how she setting up square then go to the trigger..gread vid mate

Last edited:
That was awesome. You've got your head in the right place and believe me, it'll pay dividends later. Thank you for sharing that.

Clayne_b, so awesome! I have the joy of being able to take my little girls (7 & 8 years old) out shooting with me from time to time they have been at it for a year and a half now, I enjoy it more than they do I think. I have been wanting to build them a light recoiling caliber like that for some time now. I just wish I could find a sock with the correct LOP for them. Keep the kids interested in it!

do they make cerakote in pink?

cool stuff right there, nice off target off trigger dicipline.

gotta try the singing and grunting technique, seems to work :D

The strange sounds was coming from my 3 year old son. haha.

I may have the stock done up in some sort of Camo with a little pink in it.

That's SWEET Clayne, I like how she manipulates the rifle to get on target. And you know her view though the scope must be pretty small, by how far back she is from the scope, eye relief. The funniest part of the video, the little guy saying, "This is my daughter Quinny". no, it's your sister!!

I take a couple youngsters shooting also, I think sometimes we enjoy it more than they do, and the shots they can pull off are amazing because no one told them how hard it is to do it.
Keep up the good thing!!

I think I have just as much or more fun watching her shoot then I do shooting. She is a very particular individual.

I need to put a cantilever ar-15 scope mount on it backwards to help her with the eye relief

Clayne_b, so awesome! I have the joy of being able to take my little girls (7 & 8 years old) out shooting with me from time to time they have been at it for a year and a half now, I enjoy it more than they do I think. I have been wanting to build them a light recoiling caliber like that for some time now. I just wish I could find a sock with the correct LOP for them. Keep the kids interested in it!

I've been thinking of an AR w/adjustable stock, maybe block off the gas tube or install a clamp-on gas block sideways to block the gas port without permanent modification. Straight pull bolt action that can grow with them.

Win all around. Cant wait till mine (20 months now) can go ahooting with me. Cant beat quality family time vs watching cartoons and video games.

I've been thinking of an AR w/adjustable stock, maybe block off the gas tube or install a clamp-on gas block sideways to block the gas port without permanent modification. Straight pull bolt action that can grow with them.

I have been thinking on the same concept but a Mcree with an AR collapsible stock, with a fast twist .223 or 6mmBR.

Believe I had my boy out when he was 5 shooting my Anschutz Exemplar, 8 when he destroyed a pumpkin with my 708. Now look where he is, Camp Pendelton.

I truly hope my son shares the same passion I have for firearms when he grows up (he's currently 10 months old). He is currently sitting in front of the TV watching the Outdoor channel...perhaps he's on the right track :)

Well done...your daughter is a great shot.

Is she on the old side of 6? Mine is 5 1/2 and just barely able to understand what's going on. I'm guessing her maturity level is far below that of your daughter.

Mine has only fired 8 shots total (in two outings, no less), but she seemed to enjoy it. I can't wait till she's where your daughter is.

Congratulations on being a great dad.

That is awesome. I have started getting my kids two oldest (8 and 5) into shooting. Both really enjoy it. I look forward to getting them into LR shooting when they are a little more experienced.

do they make cerakote in pink?

cool stuff right there, nice off target off trigger dicipline.

gotta try the singing and grunting technique, seems to work :D

hahaha yea i thought that was funny how she was singing and grunting while hitting the target.
edit: nevermind. just read it was your son singing

awesome dad. i got a 3 yr old boy and has a bunch of guns waiting for him

Last edited:
Is she on the old side of 6? Mine is 5 1/2 and just barely able to understand what's going on. I'm guessing her maturity level is far below that of your daughter.

Mine has only fired 8 shots total (in two outings, no less), but she seemed to enjoy it. I can't wait till she's where your daughter is.

Congratulations on being a great dad.

She will be 7 in August

What a cutie. Her name is Quinny? What is that short for?

About the rifle, what action is that? A right handed bolt with left sided ejection?

Nice I just put together a bushy varminter for my 8 year old son. Hes been shooting areas at close range since he was 6 I hope he does that well at distance

Man that is the cutest thing I've ever seen. My girlfriend and I got a kick out of watching that. She really knows what she is doing. Good job Dad.

Clayne_b,

That is the best video I've seen all year! What a father..... Nice to know there are dad's that feel the same way I do.

Check out some of my other posts.
You pay shipping and I will Cerakote that stock for her in any pattern or color you want at no cost. Can do something subtle like pink speckles over tan or Graphite black or something if you don't want to go all-out pink.

NICELY DONE SIR!

You know it's hunting season when: the 6 year old girl is out shooting most of the other guys at the range.

Nice video, I've not got kids but when I do they will be shooting early, that way you both get a hobby to enjoy and it takes the mystery out of the guns hopefully making it safer to have them in the house.