• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My 68 Camaro F/S

SmokeRolls

Nobody important
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2008
Kentucky
Decided to sell my old sweetheart.
109_7619.jpg

109_7620.jpg

109_7621.jpg

109_7618.jpg

109_7623.jpg

109_7622.jpg

109_7624.jpg

109_7629.jpg

Re: My 68 Camaro

Here's more. I have the original 327 engine out to fix the rear main seal... It's leaking and needs a new seal and then goes back into its original home.
.....SmokeRolls
109_7627.jpg

109_7626.jpg

109_7628.jpg

Minus that tiny leather rip on the driver seat its in fabulous condition. Did you have to repaint/restore anything?

Have fun with it! I think I would have to grab a set of aluminum head for that bad boy while the engine was out. Some good deals to be had out there on heads.

I've had this car for 25 years. I lived on the same road and have been around this car since about 1978 and then bought it in 1987...It has a legit 49,902 miles on it, I bought it when it it had 36,000 and it has been garaged for 37 years and only taken out from time to time. I just have never put its pics on the internet until now.
Thought I would let you guys see.
....SmokeRolls

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gathert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Minus that tiny leather rip on the driver seat its in fabulous condition. Did you have to repaint/restore anything?</div></div>
Not leather just a little age showing.. It's been repainted but it has been a while ago since it was done. When I first saw it it was this color (black cherry) back in 78 or so.
.....Smokerolls

I bought it from the second owner...The original owner died and his wife couldnt drive a stick shift so it sat for years until my buddy bought it and then repainted it. He had two of these, both the same color. One was a drag car and one was a show car, this was the show car.
......SmokeRolls

A friend of mine has a 68, NON SS t hat has 36,000 on it - he drives it once a year. RUmor has it he gave it to his son as a wedding gift though.

I used to babysit that son and play Star Wars Atari with him in the late 70's.

The car was gorgeous red...

Just not a lot of those left these days!!

The old ones are the best. I have an '01 with a corvette LS1 engine but I would trade 3 of those for an old one.

This isn't an original SS it just has the SS badges.
On the build sheet this is a 210 HP 327 2spd power glide.
It has a 308 10 bolt posi.
The mods are 4spd manual trans.
It has a 68 Z-28 aluminum intake manifold with 600 vac sec holley
Headers ( I think they are hookers but I can't remember)
It has a 312 hydrolic cam to give it a hit and a decent amount of power increase.
It runs about like a strong 5.0 mustang (I know, I've ran them and won.)
And with the 308 gears and if you leave it at 60 mph this cruises at 20 mpg, the #66 primary jets help with that number.
It's just fun and does a pretty good job of breaking necks.
The cam and the headers make this thing sound mean. It has a beautiful hit with the exhaust tone.
...SmokeRolls

Uncle had a 1969 SS/RS 396,Told him if he ever wanted to sell it I wanted it and would pay cash. While I was overseas the bastard sold it. Aint spoke to him since and that was 1996 !
Man that is a nice ride you got there !!!

The reason I am considering selling the 68; Its been my dream since i was a boy but life got in the way and i have no time to mess with it.
Here is the condition and i will explain all:
Its condition is stunning and beautiful, both doors/trunk/hood open like they are new (its crisp and smooth). A person can tell that this has been used and driven very rarely by the lack of wear and tear.
It was repainted back in the late 70's and has been garage kept since then. The car has a few nicks and small scratches from being kept in the garage.
No body pannels have been replaced to my knowledge and I have seen the car since the late seventies. It has a little bit of rust on the floor pans from sitting in a concrete garage for ages. One shock tower in the back had a small rust hole apear but I sealed the hole with undercoat inside and out and I also completely coated the floor pans inside and out with undercoat to stop any more corrosion until a complete frame off restoration (This work was done back in the late eighties or early 90's by me)... My price on the car was $18,000 .....and then my wife backed into the right front fender this weekend. So todays price is a firm $16,000 with the original perfectly running 327 and $15,000 if they dont want the motor. (many are getting the cars to put their own hot engines in). The fender damage is not bad but still will need some hammer work in two areas and then a 327 badge and the trim around the right front headlight and repaint the fender. ThanksHoney....Hahahahaha
If any of you guys are interested let me know but no tire kickers.
I guess i am selling this but there is no real place that this would fit in the for sale section so if the mods want me to move it, no sweat, lmk.
You can call me on my cell if you are serious and have the money available to you. Im not taking trades.
Im not saying its perfect but its one sweet 68 camaro and a step back in time.
I also may sell in my area face to face, so whoever says "i'll take it" first, gets it.
Cold hard cash only, no personal checks unless you are willing to wait until funds are transfered into my bank and once cleared, you get car and title.
My cell is 8595168384
.....SmokeRolls / Patrick

Damn...this almost brings a tear to my eye. My dad had one when I was a kid about 30 years ago. He bought it off his buddy, my late God Father, for $100. My God Father was a Pulmonary Surgeon so money wasn't a problem. It was a 68' SS, black interior, copper exterior. One day, I am going to buy one, fix it up or by it in great condition and hopefully give it to my dad as a present.

Thanks guys.
I would rather a hide member bought it. People on the hide have treated me well and there is a good amount of honor among the members, i try to uphold the same standard.
....SmokeRolls

Really nice ride, Smoke.

I've always been a bit odd for preferring the '68s over the acclaimed '69s.

I prefer the quarters on the '67-68s, I know its heresy, but it's how I roll.

I <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inogame</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Really nice ride, Smoke.

I've always been a bit odd for preferring the '68s over the acclaimed '69s.

I prefer the quarters on the '67-68s, I know its heresy, but it's how I roll.</div></div>
I like them all... I think the 68's have a good combination of style and features. I love the 69 but dont really care for the interior style but love the outside look. The 67 is sharp but not real fond of the pointy covers over the speedo and tach and then the door wing.. Jmho
I love all old classic hotrods though, if its a cool body style and rumbles when it idles and screams when its wound up... Im good with that.
......SmokeRolls

Wow - brings back a flood of memories.. first car was a 1967 SS396 Camaro- purchased for the princely sum of 1350.00 in 1980, Damn the original Muncie shifters sucked..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: idpasteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow - brings back a flood of memories.. first car was a 1967 SS396 Camaro- purchased for the princely sum of 1350.00 in 1980, Damn the original Muncie shifters sucked.. </div></div>
That was a heck of a first car! You probably garnered a bunch of attention from the law then.
This was my 5th vehicle and 2nd camaro.
.....SmokeRolls

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ACE31!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweet ride for sure, A pure example of Detroit at it finest hour.</div></div>
Thanks , i agree.
.....SmokeRolls