• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My 6BR

AWP

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Nesika Model J action Right Bolt Left Port
Mcmillan A5
Lilja Barrel 26" 1:9 twist
Jewell Trigger
Vias Brake
PR 5-25

IMG_1263.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

Re: My 6BR

Nice rig! Almost like what were putting together for my friend. 6BR's are sweet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bward</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice! Is it a single shot? </div></div>
Yes, it's a single shot.

Now you have me wanting to change my 308 into a 6br now... Just a question how much kick do those have compared to a 308? I know the 308 is a mild caliber but just wondering. Looking for my next plinking caliber.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pinkMiST aG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now you have me wanting to change my 308 into a 6br now... Just a question how much kick do those have compared to a 308? I know the 308 is a mild caliber but just wondering. Looking for my next plinking caliber.</div></div>

A 6br will kick around 55% less than a 308.

Very nice!
I was recently reading about the 6BR caliber at 6mmbr.com.
Some good information there.
For the above poster, here's what they say about recoil- not bad on the shoulder at all!Echoes what bward said above.

What Is Recoil Like on a 6BR? Recoil is mild. A 17-lb 6BR recoils less than a standard 9-lb AR15. Compared to a .308 rifle of equal weight, the 6BR has 55% less recoil, and the 6BR's movement is much less snappy. By the numbers, a 17-lb 6BR rifle shooting a 100gr bullet at 2950 fps recoils at 3.74 fps, with 3.7 ft/lbs of recoil force. By contrast, a 17-lb .308, shooting a 168gr SMK at 2700 fps, recoils at 5.59 fps, with 8.25 ft/lbs of recoil force.

Wow, that rifle is the shiz. . .very nice.

I like the way you set it up. You have good taste. . .the 6BR is awesome!

I know that Nesika used to handcraft premium wood stocks. . .some lady that's done it for years whose name I can't remember.

However, nice stock and I really like the color. Kudos to you!

The one Nesika that I had the opportunity to shoot was a "wake up call" for me. The precision was incredible. . .and in 6BR? Damn.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pinkMiST aG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking for my next plinking caliber. </div></div>

In ND? How about .204 Ruger?

Sorry to derail.

Thanks for the kind words.

The recoil on this gun is about the same as my old 22-250.

The best thing about the 6BR is as long as I am using Varget any bullet I load runs great, it’s not picky at all.