• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My 6mmBR project is almost finished......

seddo

Private
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2009
Gippsland, Australia
This is one for the winchester fans......

RIFLE:
Winchester Model 70, 6mmBR no turn neck, 18" remington varmint take off barrel with comp, Manners T1 stock, CDI DBM, Brownells Picitiny Rail, TPS Rings & Bushnell 3200 5-15x40T.

COLOURS:
ACU Grey Green
ACU Deep Grey Green

WORK LEFT TO DO:
* Appply matte clear coat
* get bolt know installed
* coat bolt
* bed action

PICS:
IMG_1999_web.jpg

IMG_2000_web.jpg

IMG_2001_web.jpg

IMG_2002_web.jpg

IMG_2003_web.jpg

Re: My 6mmBR project is almost finished......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seddo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is one for the winchester fans......

RIFLE:
Winchester Model 70, 6mmBR no turn neck, 18" remington varmint take off barrel with comp, Manners T1 stock, CDI DBM, Brownells Picitiny Rail, TPS Rings & Bushnell 3200 5-15x40T.

COLOURS:
ACU Grey Green
ACU Deep Grey Green

WORK LEFT TO DO:
* Appply matte clear coat
* get bolt know installed
* coat bolt
* bed action

PICS:
IMG_1999_web.jpg

IMG_2000_web.jpg

IMG_2001_web.jpg

IMG_2002_web.jpg

IMG_2003_web.jpg
</div></div>

Awesome Rig.. I love the Colors, what made you choose them?? Have you seen then before on a rifle?

Re: My 6mmBR project is almost finished......

Dont know how well it will work out of a 18" barrel, my gunsmith advised it would have less muzzle blast and about the same velocity as a 243 so i went for it. The velociry loss between 18" & 20" on a 243 is 50-60 fps based on load data i have found online so i imaging the BR would be about the same. I will use the heaviest V-Max i can get 3000fps out of.

I used these 2 colours with unberbrush to do a gap style camo on my LTR. The company importing duracoat into australia cant get it anymore so i was stuck with the colours i had on hand. I had planned to use the light colour on the stock with mesh for a 2 tone snake skin look but when i bolted it together i liked it as it was. I will hit it with clear coat tonight and leave it the way it is. When i use up my renmaining duracoat colours i can switch to cerakote as there is a big importer of that here.