• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos my 7mm-08

Re: my 7mm-08

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jimbob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how does that 7-08 do at long range? </div></div>
i'm curious about that to, never really tryed to reach out there with mine...yet

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jimbob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how does that 7-08 do at long range? </div></div>

It has better ballistics (with the right bullet) than a 308 Win. But it's up to the driver!
Nice rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jimbob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how does that 7-08 do at long range? </div></div>

It has better ballistics (with the right bullet) than a 308 Win. But it's up to the driver!
Nice rifle. </div></div>

true that, goes without saying

thanks, I'll try and get some more pics up.. it shoots well, i'm shooting the 168 grain berger, I'd like to be able to seat the bullet out a little farther.. I've got the seekins detachable bottom metal on order hoping that will help. I'm really happy with the round, it is very similar to the .308 but the higher BC of 7mm bullet does make the ballistics a little better than the .308.. and I'm getting better at shooting it!

stock is a bell and carlson that I ordered in Natual gear camo. action and barrel are dura coated in magpul dark earth.. would look better if the scope was done but just couldn't bring my self to do it...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ejh708shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks, I'll try and get some more pics up.. it shoots well, i'm shooting the 168 grain berger, I'd like to be able to seat the bullet out a little farther.. I've got the seekins detachable bottom metal on order hoping that will help. I'm really happy with the round, it is very similar to the .308 but the higher BC of 7mm bullet does make the ballistics a little better than the .308.. and I'm getting better at shooting it! </div></div>

with those 162-168 grain bullets the 7-08 matches the .260 for wind drift almost exactly and drops about 2 MOA more at 1000 yards. At least on paper it does, it will be interesting if it matches up