• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s My 9 year old and his fox.....

Waknstak

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2018
So I'm at the table havin a cup and I catch movement out on a old tree pile behind the house that we're waiting to burn.... I grab the spotting scope outta the garage and it's a fox. I Prolly wouldnt have shot it as we don't have very many round here but I thought what an opportunity for the boy! We watch him for a while and he lays down so I figure what the hell.... I get Rolla all set up, do a Lil lip sqeak and the fox sits up and boom..... DRT! One happy boy at my place! b

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181229-121901_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20181229-121901_Snapchat.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 178
  • Screenshot_20181229-111931_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20181229-111931_Snapchat.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 185
  • Screenshot_20181229-112012_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20181229-112012_Snapchat.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 199
  • Screenshot_20181229-111959_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20181229-111959_Snapchat.jpg
    496 KB · Views: 204
Neverind the Lil guys booger... ????

I think it is as important of a part of the photo as the coyote and the two boys. I really like it, and am glad that it didn't get photo shop it out. I really like photos of little brothers, big brothers, little sisters and big sisters.

My folks took one of me when I was about 4 years old wearing tights whitey's, knee high rubber boots, a plaid shirt, and dirt on both sides of my mouth while I was holding the two ends of the giant worm I had just bitten in half...and a big proud grin on my face.

Reactions: Barneybdb
Outstanding!

Is your Fireball a rifle or a handgun?

Mine is a rifle and my (then) teenage daughter used it to take a chicken-killing fox at ~75 yards off-hand when the fox was running through the horse pasture. Whe was sitting on top of the barn on watch. I know firsthand the proud poppa feeling.

Awesome job and good to see another young person getting into hunting!

Outstanding!

Is your Fireball a rifle or a handgun?

Mine is a rifle and my (then) teenage daughter used it to take a chicken-killing fox at ~75 yards off-hand when the fox was running through the horse pasture. Whe was sitting on top of the barn on watch. I know firsthand the proud poppa feeling.

Its a rifle and it has proven damn effective on SD coyotes which get fairly big.... I prefer it to my 22-250 or my swift out to 250 on coyotes.... The exit was actually a Lil messy on this fox at 220...

Love the pic of him laying on the floor and poking the rifle out the door! :)
He'll never forget that!

Have a couple 20 caliber wildcats made from the 221 fireball case. Love 'em... fast, shoot like lasers, and no recoil!

Very cool? Doing cool wholesome kid stuff! My brother and I would put fluorescent paint on open sites and hunt rabbits till midnight on a -40 winter night under a full moon with 22’s. Had to take my 10/22 mag apart and put a little more tension in the spring so that it fed properly in the cold? Damn that was some fun and fond memories.

I did a lot of varmint calling around Paradise CA when I was younger. The grey fox is dumb as a post and you basically have to scare them away from your calling set-up some times. I vowed I would not belittle myself by shooting a grey fox.

A red fox is a completely different story.

I have been calling varmints in MT. since 1997. I have used all my stupid tricks and smelly crap to call in a red fox and to this date, I have called a total of one.

I truly hope the young man can get the fox mounted or the hide tanned, If I ever kill a red fox, I will have a pair of winter underwear made from it.

Congratulations!