• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My almost finished project

madav8r

Private
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2011
Savage Model 12 .223 
Burris 6.5-20x50 tactical mildot scope
Bell and carelson tactical stock
Weaver tactical rings and bases
Harris s bipod
My own custom camo paint

0411110015_1.jpg

_DSC3923.jpg

RiflePano.jpg

Scoperings.jpg

Upclose.jpg

Re: My almost finished project

Ive shot probably 200+ rounds through it but havent shot it on a bench on a calm day so im only gettin 1 in groups with it, but have killed plenty of coyotes and prarie dogs, one i shot at 440 yards. Only thing i would want to add now is a matte black coating on the action and barrel and maybe later a fluted barrel when this one wears out.

Great job on the paint. Wish I could paint that well.

Its easy, just lay down the green base coat and lay a bunch of hay and grass down till you can barely see the stock, then spray the tan through the hay at one angle and when you pull the hay off...tada looks like that.

Heres a group i shot with it fresh out of the box before any upgrades installed. Pretty good out of the box accuracy at 100 yd.

photo.jpg

This thread is worthless without pics of the dead yotes and pdogs. Seriously though, that's a REALLY sweet group outta the box. Now go takes some more pics of those kills!

my 440yd shot made with my Savage Model 12 .223 below

191676_10150118257793463_557463462_6534212_314165_o.jpg