• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Angst is Over

Snipers

Private
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2009
After some time I finally have my rifle shooting the way I expected. There are so many variables to consider - the ammo, the gun, the scope, the mount, the bench, the weather, the shooter, and probably a few others that I can’t think of at the moment. The rifle is a Savage FP10 in a McMillan A5 stock. I glass bedded it myself, but it really needs a second job to shore up a couple of issues. No pillar bedding was done. I currently have a late model Falcon Menace 4.5X18X56MM illuminated on a Ken Ferrell G-Force 20 MOA base with Warne steel fixed low rings. I’m shooting Hornady 168 BTHP match bullets with 41.9 grains of Accurate 2520, Fed match primers and Fed brass with an OAL of 2.81inches. The attached scan shows 5 round groups at 100 yards. I had two groups sort of merge together as can be seen. Fortunately, during a target check, I was able to circle the one group before I shot the second. A very capable platform for less than $1600 smackers.

[img=http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.6cd2156354.jpg]

Re: My Angst is Over

clue...........................

lose the bench....one can not possibly imagine how you can mount a bench on a rifle........lose the bench

Re: My Angst is Over

Yeah - I suppose lugging a bench through the woods would become a logistical problem. Unfortunately, I have some neck issues that make prolonged prone shooting a bit difficult.

I also like the one shot/one dot target method (i.e. no groups) discussed on this website. Seems very practical to me.